- Kills the bacterium that causes acne
- Absorbs excess oil on the skin
- For the face, chest and back
An effective treatment to achieve acne free skin
Acnecide 5% gel 30g has been specifically formulated to kill spot causing bacteria to help you to achieve acne free skin. This gel contains the active ingredient benzoyl peroxide which effectively kills up to 95% of bacteria's that are known to cause spots. Acnecide 5% gel also contains microsphere technology which helps to absorbs excess oils from the skin whilst releasing glycerine to keep your skin hydrated and fresh looking.
An effective leave on treatment for acne of the face, chest and back areas, Acnecide 5% gel should be used once or twice a day on freshly cleansed skin for the best results.
Features of Acnecide gel
- Clinically proven to kill up to 95% of bacteria
- Keeps skin moisturised
- Apply once or twice daily
- Contains 5% benzoyl peroxide
- Microsphere technology
- People experiencing acne
Warnings and cautions
- This is a medicine and is used for external use only
- Avoid contact with the eyes, mouth, angles of the nose and lining of your nose. If contact occurs, rinse thoroughly with warm water
- Do not use on broken, damaged, or infected skin
- This product may bleach hair, and coloured fabrics including clothing, towels and bed linen Avoid exposure to direct sunlight whilst using Acnecide. If exposure is unavoidable, use a suitable sunscreen and apply Acnecide at night
- Do not use sunbeds
- If you swallow this product, seek medical advice
- Acnecide contains propylene glycol which may cause skin irritation
- Please consult your pharmacist or doctor before using this medicine if you are currently pregnant, likely to get pregnant or breastfeeding because medicines can affect the baby
- Please consult your pharmacist or doctor if you are currently taking any other medicines as this may cause an interaction
- If you think you may be allergic to any of the ingredients contained in this medicine, please seek medical advice before taking
- If you have any questions after you have bought this medication, please speak to your pharmacist
How to use
- Wash the affected area with a mild cleanser and water.
- Apply Acnecide 5% gel to the affected area once or twice a day.
Active ingredients: benzoyl peroxide 5% w/w.
Other ingredients: docusate sodium, disodium edetate, poloxamer 182, carbomer 940, propylene glycol, acrylates copolymer, glycerol, colloidal anhydrous silica, purified water and sodium hydroxide.
Delivery and returns
Click & Collect
- Free on all orders over £20
- £1.50 on orders up to £20
- Delivered in 3-5 working days if ordered before 6pm Monday - 6pm Thursday
- Delivered the following working Thursday if ordered after 6pm Thursday - 6pm Monday
*Please note: If your chosen pharmacy is in the North West, North East, Yorkshire, the Isle of Man, Channel Islands or Scottish Highlands and Islands your order will take an additional working day to these delivery times. To find out if your pharmacy is impacted click here.
- Free on orders over £30
- £2.99 for orders up to £30
- Delivered in 3-5 working days
- Free on orders over £60
- £4.99 on orders up to £60
- Delivered Next Day if ordered before 8pm Monday to Friday
- Delivered Monday if ordered after 8pm Friday - 12pm Sunday
- Delivered Tuesday if ordered after 12pm on Sunday
- Not available in the Channel Islands
Pharmacy Medicines delivery
Pharmacy Medicines will need to be signed for by someone aged 18 or over. If there isn't anyone in who can sign for your order, you can change your delivery date or redirect it to a local parcel shop using the courier's website or app.
Unfortunately, your order can't be left in a safe place or with a neighbour. The courier will try to deliver three times before they return it to us.
Purchasing in bulk/high unit volume
Please note that when purchasing high unit volumes of single lines (10+ units) that delivery promotions are null and void.
This is as a result of high volume orders not being able to be dispatched via our normal third party fulfilment.
As a result for any excessive bulk orders of single lines we will be in touch regarding your order to discuss further delivery costs that will be incurred.
If you're not completely satisfied with your order, you can return it to us within 28 days
Find out more about our returns policy click here