- Treats mild acne by attacking the bacteria
- Works as an antiseptic
- Reduces the effects of acne
Reduce the number of bacteria on your skin.
Acnecide spot treatment wash 5% gel 50g is indicated for the treatment of mild acne of the face. Acnecide is the only spot gel treatment to contain 5% benzoyl peroxide which is clinically proven to kill up to 95% of bacteria that causes spots in adults and adolescents aged 12 years and over.
Benzoyl peroxide is the main active ingredient in Acnecide spot treatment wash 5% gel, and it works as an antiseptic helping to reduce the number of bacteria on your skin, tackling one of the main causes of acne. It typically takes around 4 weeks before it starts working and reduces your acne, but you can continue using it when your acne has improved to help to keep it from coming back
Features of Acnecide spot treatment wash 5% gel 50g
- Reduces the number of bacteria on your skin
- Mild acne treatment
- Typically takes around 4 weeks before it starts working
- Clinically proven
Warnings and cautions
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding consult your doctor or pharmacist before taking any medicines
- Avoid contact with the eyes, eyelids, lips and other delicate areas of the skin
- May bleach hair or dye fabrics
- Keep out of sight and reach of children
- For external use only
Possible side effects
- Dry skin
- Skin redness
- Peeling of the skin
- Burning sensation
- Pain or stinging of the skin
- Skin irritation
- Swelling face
How to use
- Place a small amount into your hands and use it to wash the affected area.
- The wash should be in contact with the affected area of skin for around 1 – 2 minutes before you rinse it away and gently pat the skin dry.
- Wash your hands again after use.
- Use this product once or twice a day unless your doctor or pharmacist has told you otherwise.
Hydrous benzoyl peroxide equivalent to benzoyl peroxide 5% w/w.
Other ingredients: docusate sodium, disodium edetate, poloxamer 182, carbomer 940, propylene glycol, acrylates copolymer, glycerol, Colloidal anhydrous silica, sodium hydroxide, and purified water.
Delivery and returns
Click & Collect
- Free on all orders over £15
- £1.50 for orders up to £15
- Delivered in 1 working day if ordered before 6pm Monday - 6pm Thursday
- Delivered the following working Tuesday if ordered after 6pm Thursday - 6pm Monday
*Please note: If your chosen pharmacy is in the North West, North East, Yorkshire, the Isle of Man, Channel Islands or Scottish Highlands and Islands your order will take an additional working day to these delivery times. To find out if your pharmacy is impacted click here.
- Free on orders over £30
- £3.99 for orders up to £30
- Delivered in 3-5 working days
Next day delivery
- Free on orders over £60
- £5.99 for orders up to £60
- Delivered Next Day if ordered before 6pm Monday to Friday
- Delivered Tuesday if ordered after 6pm Friday to Sunday
Pharmacy Medicines delivery
Pharmacy Medicines will need to be signed for by someone aged 18 or over. If there isn't anyone in who can sign for your order, you can change your delivery date or redirect it to a local parcel shop using the courier's website or app.
Unfortunately, your order can't be left in a safe place or with a neighbour. The courier will try to deliver three times before they return it to us.
Purchasing in bulk/high unit volume
Please note that when purchasing high unit volumes of single lines (10+ units) that delivery promotions are null and void.
This is as a result of high volume orders not being able to be dispatched via our normal third party fulfilment.
As a result for any excessive bulk orders of single lines we will be in touch regarding your order to discuss further delivery costs that will be incurred.
If you're not completely satisfied with your order, you can return it to us within 28 days
Find out more about our returns policy click here