- Two times the absorption*
- Kind on the stomach
- Special formulation
One Active Iron capsule is equal to 17 cups of raw spinach
Active Iron Pregnancy 30 capsules contains iron which is essential to the body and daily function. Iron contributes to the reduction of tiredness and fatigue and plays an important role in normal energy metabolism, oxygen transport, cognitive function, immune function and the formation of red blood cells and haemoglobin.
How does pregnancy impact iron levels?
During pregnancy the amount of blood in the body increases up to 50%. Due to the increased levels of blood in the body the need for iron becomes increased, because the body uses iron to make extra blood to transport oxygen for the mother and her baby.
During pregnancy dietary iron requirements can increase to 30mg especially in the second and third trimesters. This may mean supplementing a healthy diet with iron supplements, when daily iron needs cannot be met through diet alone.
*Clinically proven twice the absorption compared to iron sulphate. Wang et al, Acta Haematologica 2017; 138: 223-232
**Wang et al, Acta Haematologica 2017; 138: 223-232
Features of Active Iron Pregnancy 30 capsules
- Clinically proven to offer two times the absorption*
- One Active Iron capsule is equal to 17 cups of raw spinach
- Specially formulated to help prevent constipation
- Kind even on an empty stomach
- Helps reduce gut irritation from iron**
- Formulated by scientists
- Available without prescription
- Clinically proven to increase iron levels
- 30 capsules
- Pregnant women
Please note Active iron is not suitable for vegans.
Warnings and cautions
- You do not need to take Active Iron if you do not have a iron deficiency
- Do not exceed the recommended daily supplement dose
- Food supplements are not a substitute for a varied diet and a healthy lifestyle
- Consult your doctor or pharmacist before use
- High consumption of an iron supplement may cause stomach and intestinal side effects such as nausea and vomiting, stomach pain, constipation or diarrhoea
- Higher doses of iron may also cause high levels of hemoglobin in the blood
How to use
- Pregnant or breast-feeding women can take one capsule daily (or two capsules per day if advised by your healthcare professional) with water or fruit juice.
Active Iron is gentle enough to take on an empty stomach.
Do not exceed the daily dose without consulting your doctor or pharmacist.
Food supplements are not a substitute for a varied diet and a healthy lifestyle.
Delivery and returns
Click & Collect
Free on all orders
Delivered in one working day if ordered before 6pm Monday - 6pm Thursday
Delivered the following working Tuesday if ordered after 6pm Thursday - 6pm Monday
*Please note: If your chosen pharmacy is in the North West, North East, Yorkshire, the Isle of Man, Channel Islands or Scottish Highlands and Islands your order will take an additional working day to these delivery times. To find out if your pharmacy is impacted click here.
Free on orders over £25
£2.95 for orders up to £25
Delivered in 3-5 working days
Next day delivery
Delivered next working day if ordered before 6pm Monday - 6pm Thursday
Delivered on Saturday if ordered after 6pm Thursday - 6pm Friday
Delivered Tuesday if ordered after 6pm Friday - Sunday
Purchasing in bulk/high unit volume
Please note that when purchasing high unit volumes of single lines (10+ units) that delivery promotions are null and void.
This is as a result of high volume orders not being able to be dispatched via our normal third party fulfilment.
As a result for any excessive bulk orders of single lines we will be in touch regarding your order to discuss further delivery costs that will be incurred.
If you're not completely satisfied with your order, you can return it to us within 28 days
Find out more about our returns policy click here