- Fast and effective relief
- Active ingredients Sodium
- An effervescent powder
Quickly and effectively relieve from indigestion.
Andrews Original Salts has both a laxative and an antacid action and helps relieve the symptoms of stomach upsets, indigestion and over production of bile. This medicine contains three main ingredients:
Sodium bicarbonate and citric acid:
antacids which work by neutralising excess acid and help relieve the symptoms and discomfort associated with stomach upsets and indigestion.
Magnesium sulphate: a laxative action.
Features of Andrews original salts 150g
- Contains three main ingredients
- Both a laxative and an antacid actions
- Relief the symptoms of stomach upsets
Warnings and cautions
- Keep out of the reach and sight of children
- Ask your doctor or pharmacist
- If you are taking any prescribed medicines; particularly tetracycline antibiotics (e.g. minocycline)
- If you have high blood pressure, heart or kidney disease - and avoid frequent use
Tell your doctor or pharmacist:
- If your need a laxative dose every day or you have persistent abdominal pain (tummy ache)
- If symptoms persist
- If you experience any unwanted effects
How to use
As an antacid:
- Measure one level spoonful (5 ml spoonful) and take in a glass of water repeated as necessary, up to a maximum of four times a day.
As a laxative:
- Measure two level spoonfuls (two 5 ml spoonfuls) and take in a glass of water before breakfast or at bedtime.
Effervescent Powder containing the Active ingredients Sodium Hydrogen Carbonate 22.6% w/w, Citric Acid 19.5% w/w and Magnesium Sulphate 17.4% w/w, also contains 2.1 g of Sucrose per 5 ml spoonful.
Delivery and returns
Click & Collect
- Free on all orders
- Delivered in 1 working day if ordered before 6pm Monday - 6pm Thursday
- Delivered the following working Tuesday if ordered after 6pm Thursday - 6pm Monday
*Please note: If your chosen pharmacy is in the North West, North East, Yorkshire, the Isle of Man, Channel Islands or Scottish Highlands and Islands your order will take an additional working day to these delivery times. To find out if your pharmacy is impacted click here.
- Free on orders over £25
- £2.95 for orders up to £25
- Delivered in 3-5 working days
Next day delivery
- Free on orders over £60
- £5.99 for orders up to £60
- Delivered Next Day if ordered before 6pm Monday to Friday
- Delivered Tuesday if ordered after 6pm Friday – Sunday
Pharmacy Medicines delivery
Pharmacy Medicines will need to be signed for by someone aged 18 or over. If there isn't anyone in who can sign for your order, you can change your delivery date or redirect it to a local parcel shop using the courier's website or app.
Unfortunately, your order can't be left in a safe place or with a neighbour. The courier will try to deliver three times before they return it to us.
Purchasing in bulk/high unit volume
Please note that when purchasing high unit volumes of single lines (10+ units) that delivery promotions are null and void.
This is as a result of high volume orders not being able to be dispatched via our normal third party fulfilment.
As a result for any excessive bulk orders of single lines we will be in touch regarding your order to discuss further delivery costs that will be incurred.
If you're not completely satisfied with your order, you can return it to us within 28 days
Find out more about our returns policy click here