- Breastmilk substitute
- Suitable for combination feeding
- Nutritionally complete formula*
Making the right feeding choices for you and your baby.
The beginning of your baby's life is a special and beautiful time. The passionate team at Aptamil of more than 500 scientists and experts have developed their first infant milk, inspired by 50 years of research in early life science. The formulation is nutritionally complete and suitable from birth as a breastmilk substitute. Aptamill first infant milk is a breastmilk substitute and is suitable for babies from birth. The formula also contains DHA ** (Omega-3).
*Suitable as a sole source of nutrition from birth and as part of a weaning diet from 6 months.
**As required by the legislation for all infant formula.
Features of Aptamil 1 first baby milk formula powder from birth
- Palm oil free oil blend
- Breastmilk substitute
- Vitamin D supports normal function of immune system
- Unique blend of ingredients
- From birth up to 6 months old
Warnings and cautions
- Store powder in a cool, dry place
- Do not refrigerate
- Use powder within 4 weeks of opening
- Always use the scoop provided, please note the colour of the scoop in this pack may change from time to time
- Make up each feed as required
- For hygiene reasons, do not store made up feeds, discard unfinished feeds as soon as possible, and always within 2 hours
- Do not heat feeds in a microwave, hot spots may occur and cause scalding
- Never add extra scoops or anything else to your baby's feed
- Never leave your baby alone during feeding
- This product is made to strict hygiene standards but because powdered formula milks are not sterile, failure to follow instructions on preparation and storage may make your baby ill
- Infant milk is suitable from birth, when babies are not breastfed and should only be used on the advice of a doctor, dietitian, pharmacist, or other professional responsible for maternal and child care
- When bottle feeding, do not allow prolonged or frequent contact of milk feeds with your baby's teeth as this increases the risk of tooth decay. Ask your healthcare professional or dentist for advice. Make sure your baby's teeth are cleaned after the last feed at night
How to use
- Preparing your baby's feed:
- Approx. age: Up to 2 weeks; Approx. weight: 3.5kg, 7 3/4lb; No. of level scoops per feed (1 scoop = 4.6g): 3; Quantity of water per feed: 90ml, 3fl. oz; No. of feeds per 24 hours: 6.
- Approx. age: 2-4 weeks; Approx. weight: 3.9kg, 8 1/2lb; No. of level scoops per feed (1 scoop = 4.6g): 4; Quantity of water per feed: 120ml, 4fl. oz; No. of feeds per 24 hours: 5.
- Approx. age: 4-8 weeks; Approx. weight: 4.7kg, 10 1/2lb; No. of level scoops per feed (1 scoop = 4.6g): 5; Quantity of water per feed: 150ml, 5fl. oz; No. of feeds per 24 hours: 5.
- Approx. age: 8-12 weeks; Approx. weight: 5.4kg, 12lb; No. of level scoops per feed (1 scoop = 4.6g): 6; Quantity of water per feed: 180ml, 6fl. oz; No. of feeds per 24 hours: 5.
- Approx. age: 3-4 months; Approx. weight: 6.2kg, 13 3/4lb; No. of level scoops per feed (1 scoop = 4.6g): 6;Quantity of water per feed: 180ml, 6fl. oz; No. of feeds per 24 hours: 5.
- Approx. age: 4-5 months; Approx. weight: 6.9kg, 15 1/4lb; No. of level scoops per feed (1 scoop = 4.6g): 7; Quantity of water per feed: 210ml, 7fl. oz; No. of feeds per 24 hours: 5.
- Approx. age: 5-6 months; Approx. weight: 7.6kg, 16 3/4lb; No. of level scoops per feed (1 scoop = 4.6g): 7; Quantity of water per feed: 210ml, 7fl. oz; No. of feeds per 24 hours: 5.
- Approx. age: 7-12 months; Approx. weight: -kg, -lb; No. of level scoops per feed (1 scoop = 4.6g): 7; Quantity of water per feed: 210ml, 7fl. oz; No. feeds per 24 hours: 3.
- Wash hands and sterillise all utensils.
- Boil 1 litre of freshly run water in a kettle then leave to cool for 30 minutes and no more so the water can reach the recommended temperature of 70°C.
- When ready, pour the right amount of water into a sterilised bottle, as per the feeding guide. Do not use artficially softened or repeatedly boiled water.
- Using the scoop, add the powder to the water, as per the feeding guide.
- To make sure the right amount of powder is added, use the leveller on the inside of the box to level off the scoops.
- Don't press or heap the powder as adding too much or too little formula could make your baby ill.
- Place the sterilised teat and cap on the bottle and shake straight away.
- For best results, shake vertically and vigorously for at least 10 seconds, until all of the powder is dissolved.
- Cool the bottle by placing under a cold running tap or in a bowl of cold water, and check the temperature by placing a few drops in the inside of your wrist.
- The formula should feel lukewarm, but not hot. If possible, we'd recommend starting the feed straight away and always finishing within 2 hours.
Dairy-Based Blend (of which 29% is fermented) [Lactose (from Milk), Vegetable Oils (High Oleic Sunflower Oil, Coconut Oil, Rapeseed Oil, Sunflower Oil), Skimmed Milk, Demineralised Whey (from Milk), Whey Concentrate (from Milk), Fish Oil, Potassium Citrate, Calcium Carbonate, Magnesium Chloride, Choline Chloride, Calcium Phosphate, Sodium Citrate, Potassium Chloride, Vitamin C, Emulsifier (Soy Lecithin), Inositol, Antioxidant (Vitamin C), Pantothenic Acid, Nicotinamide, Vitamin E, Thiamin, Riboflavin, Vitamin B6, Potassium Iodide, Folic Acid, Vitamin K1, Biotin, Vitamin B12], Galacto-Oligosaccharides (GOS) (from Milk), Milk Protein, Fructo-Oligosaccharides (FOS), Oil from Mortierella Alpina, Sodium Chloride, L-Tryptophan, Ferrous Sulphate, Zinc Sulphate, L-Carnitine, Copper Sulphate, Vitamin A, Sodium Selenite, Manganese Sulphate, Vitamin D3.
For allergens, see ingredients in bold.
Delivery and returns
Click & Collect
- Free on all orders over £20
- £1.50 on orders up to £20
- Delivered in 4-6 working days if ordered before 6pm Monday - 6pm Thursday
- Delivered the following working Thursday if ordered after 6pm Thursday - 6pm Monday
*Please note: If your chosen pharmacy is in the North West, North East, Yorkshire, the Isle of Man, Channel Islands or Scottish Highlands and Islands your order will take an additional working day to these delivery times. To find out if your pharmacy is impacted click here.
- Free on orders over £35
- £3.49 for orders up to £35
- Delivered in 4-6 working days
- Delivered Next Day if ordered before 8pm Monday to Friday
- Delivered Monday if ordered after 8pm Friday - 12pm Sunday
- Delivered Tuesday if ordered after 12pm on Sunday
- Not available in the Channel Islands
Pharmacy Medicines delivery
Pharmacy Medicines will need to be signed for by someone aged 18 or over. If there isn't anyone in who can sign for your order, you can change your delivery date or redirect it to a local parcel shop using the courier's website or app.
Unfortunately, your order can't be left in a safe place or with a neighbour. The courier will try to deliver three times before they return it to us.
Purchasing in bulk/high unit volume
Please note that when purchasing high unit volumes of single lines (10+ units) that delivery promotions are null and void.
This is as a result of high volume orders not being able to be dispatched via our normal third party fulfilment.
As a result for any excessive bulk orders of single lines we will be in touch regarding your order to discuss further delivery costs that will be incurred.
If you're not completely satisfied with your order, you can return it to us within 28 days
Find out more about our returns policy click here