- Quick and reliable results
- Helps to diagnose thrush and BV
- One at home test
A one-step self-test to help diagnose common vaginal infections.
Canestest® self test for vaginal infections is a clinically proven self diagnostic test with a 90% accuracy rating. The test provides reliable results in just 10 seconds, and indicates probable vaginal infection you may have. Each pack includes a single test which is simple and easy to use, allowing users to self-diagnose in the comfort of their own homes.
It’s a solution that will put you back in control of your intimate health and give you the ability to choose the treatment you need to effectively deal with your infection and get back to you.
Is it thrush or BV?
While both thrush and bacterial vaginosis (BV) are very common, they’re two different types of infections and as such require different treatments. However, they are not always easy to identify.
Thrush - A fungal infection caused by an overgrowth of the yeast (Candida albicans) which often leads to symptoms such as vaginal itching, soreness or a cottage-cheese like white vaginal discharge.
Bacterial Vaginosis - An overgrowth of bacteria naturally found in your vagina. BV symptoms usually include a fishy odour and a greyish-white, watery discharge.
Features of Canestest® self test for vaginal infections
- Results within seconds
- Colour changing indicator tip
- Clinically tested with more than 90% accuracy
- Helps to diagnose common vaginal infections
- Allows you to take control of your intimate health
- Helps you to select the right treatment
- Easy to use
- Clear, reliable results
What do my results mean and what treatment is available
Discharge: Thin milky, white or grey, sticky.
Odour: Fishy or unpleasant.
Itching Irritation/Burning: Sometimes.
Painful urination: None.
Medical Condition: Bacterial Vaginosis (BV).
Options for treatment: Visit here for our range of Bacterial Vaginosis (BV) treatments. Treatments and products are also available from you pharmacy. If you are unsure consult your doctor or healthcare professional for treatment options.
Discharge: Thick, cottage cheese like (curdy), White.
Odour: None or non-offensive.
Itching Irritation-Burning: Intense itching, burning.
Painful urination: None.
Medical Condition: Vaginal thrush.
Options for treatment: Visit here for our range of thrush treatments. Treatments and products are also available from you pharmacy. If you are unsure consult your doctor or healthcare professional for treatment options.
Discharge: Thin, clear, White.
Itching Irritation/Burning: None.
Painful urination: None.
Medical Condition: Normal.
Options for treatment: None required.
- 1x self diagnostic swab
- Adult women
Warnings and cautions
- Keep out of the sight and reach of children
- Not suitable for those going through menopause
- For vaginal use only
- Do not take any decision of medical relevance without first consulting your medical practitioner. Also, if you're unsure about the right treatment or confused about the result, please consult your doctor. Remember, Canestest® won’t be able to give you an accurate diagnosis in any of these situations:
- It’s less than one day before or after your period
- There are signs that your period has arrived or you have any signs of vaginal bleeding
- It’s been less than 12 hours since you’ve had sexual intercourse or used a vaginal douche.
How to Use
Wash your hands thoroughly before and after using Canestest®.
Using Canestest® is similar to inserting a tampon and it shouldn’t cause you any discomfort.
- Unwrap the Canestest® swab. Ensure that the swab tip does not come into contact with anything before you insert it into your vagina.
- Hold the Canestest® swab by the handle and insert the yellow tip into your vagina.
- Gently rotate the swab and then remove.
- After 10 seconds check the tip of the Canestest® swab to see if the colour has stayed the same or changed to blue or green.
- The test results should be interpreted in conjunction with your symptoms, based on the symptoms table on the back of the pack, helping you to understand which common vaginal infection you may be suffering from, such as thrush or bacterial vaginosis.
Delivery and returns
Click & Collect
- Free on all orders over £20
- £1.50 on orders up to £20
- Delivered in 3-5 working days if ordered before 6pm Monday - 6pm Thursday
- Delivered the following working Thursday if ordered after 6pm Thursday - 6pm Monday
*Please note: If your chosen pharmacy is in the North West, North East, Yorkshire, the Isle of Man, Channel Islands or Scottish Highlands and Islands your order will take an additional working day to these delivery times. To find out if your pharmacy is impacted click here.
- Free on orders over £30
- £2.99 for orders up to £30
- Delivered in 3-5 working days
- Free on orders over £60
- £4.99 on orders up to £60
- Delivered Next Day if ordered before 6pm Monday to Friday
- Delivered Tuesday if ordered after 6pm Friday to Sunday
Pharmacy Medicines delivery
Pharmacy Medicines will need to be signed for by someone aged 18 or over. If there isn't anyone in who can sign for your order, you can change your delivery date or redirect it to a local parcel shop using the courier's website or app.
Unfortunately, your order can't be left in a safe place or with a neighbour. The courier will try to deliver three times before they return it to us.
Purchasing in bulk/high unit volume
Please note that when purchasing high unit volumes of single lines (10+ units) that delivery promotions are null and void.
This is as a result of high volume orders not being able to be dispatched via our normal third party fulfilment.
As a result for any excessive bulk orders of single lines we will be in touch regarding your order to discuss further delivery costs that will be incurred.
If you're not completely satisfied with your order, you can return it to us within 28 days
Find out more about our returns policy click here