- Soothes dry or irritating coughs
- Cough suppressant
- Oral solution
For symptomatic relief of dry or irritating coughs.
Care Pholcodine is a cough medicine that can ease dry, tickly coughs. It helps to reduce the need to cough, helping to ease stubborn coughs that don’t have any phlegm. Ideal for those suffering with a dry cough and looking for fast relief.
Features of Care pholcodine linctus BP 200ml
- Contains Pholcodine 5mg per 5ml
- Reduces the desire to cough
- Effective relief
- Adults and children over 6
Warnings and cautions
- Do not use if you are sensitive to any ingredient, or if suffering from liver disease, a shortage of breath or during an asthma attack
- Do not use when pregnant or breastfeeding except on the doctor's advice
- If symptoms persist consult your doctor. Not advisable for use with persistent or productive coughs, or in bronchitis
- Ask your doctor or pharmacist before use if already taking any of the following drugs: alcohol, mexiletine, domperidone, metoclopramide, tranquillisers or sleeping aids
- Do not exceed the stated dose
- Contains 6.6 vol% ethanol (alcohol), i.e. up to 520mg per 10ml dose, equivalent to 13ml of beer or 6ml of wine per dose
- Keep out of the sight and reach of children
Side Effects: Some people may experience side effects which are: anaphylaxis (serious allergic reaction which causes difficulty in breathing or dizziness), drowsiness, dizziness, nausea and constipation. If drowsy do not drive or operate machinery. If you notice any of these or other side effects stop using the product and tell your doctor or pharmacist.
How to use
- Read all the label before use.
- Adults, the elderly and children over 12 years: Take 1 or 2 x 5ml spoonfuls.
- Children 6-12 years: Take 1 x 5ml spoonful. Repeat after 4 hours if required, but not more than 4 doses in 24 hours.
Active Ingredient per 5ml: Pholcodine 5.0mg
Also contains: Chloroform, Ethanol, Citric Acid Monohydrate (E330), Glycerol (E422), Purified Water, Sucrose, Quinoline Yellow (E104), Sunset Yellow (E110), Amaranth (E123)
Delivery and returns
Click & Collect
- Free on all orders over £20
- £1.50 on orders up to £20
- Delivered in 3-5 working days if ordered before 6pm Monday - 6pm Thursday
- Delivered the following working Thursday if ordered after 6pm Thursday - 6pm Monday
*Please note: If your chosen pharmacy is in the North West, North East, Yorkshire, the Isle of Man, Channel Islands or Scottish Highlands and Islands your order will take an additional working day to these delivery times. To find out if your pharmacy is impacted click here.
- Free on orders over £30
- £2.99 for orders up to £30
- Delivered in 3-5 working days
- Free on orders over £60
- £4.99 on orders up to £60
- Delivered Next Day if ordered before 6pm Monday to Friday
- Delivered Tuesday if ordered after 6pm Friday to Sunday
Pharmacy Medicines delivery
Pharmacy Medicines will need to be signed for by someone aged 18 or over. If there isn't anyone in who can sign for your order, you can change your delivery date or redirect it to a local parcel shop using the courier's website or app.
Unfortunately, your order can't be left in a safe place or with a neighbour. The courier will try to deliver three times before they return it to us.
Purchasing in bulk/high unit volume
Please note that when purchasing high unit volumes of single lines (10+ units) that delivery promotions are null and void.
This is as a result of high volume orders not being able to be dispatched via our normal third party fulfilment.
As a result for any excessive bulk orders of single lines we will be in touch regarding your order to discuss further delivery costs that will be incurred.
If you're not completely satisfied with your order, you can return it to us within 28 days
Find out more about our returns policy click here