- Easy to digest
- Reduced lactose
- Comes with LCPs (omega 3 and 6)
Nutritionally complete breast milk substitute.
Cow & Gate 1 first milk from birth powder is a nutritionally complete breast milk substitute suitable from birth onward. It can be used for combination feeding or if baby is not being breastfed.
Why Choose Cow & Gate?
When it comes to looking after your little one, support, care & nutrition can all help. At Cow & Gate, we want to lend a helping hand too.
Sitting, clapping, crawling - as they do more, they need more. From 6-12 months your little one will be developing new skills at an amazing pace. Our Follow-On milk can help support your baby's changing needs at this special time in their development, as part of a varied, balanced diet.
Features of Cow & Gate 1 first milk from birth powder 800g
- Nutritionally complete breast milk substitute
- For bottlefed babies
Approx Age Weight of Baby Scoops / Water quantity Feeds in 24 hours Birth 3.5 kg / 7.5 lbs 3 scoops / 90ml 6 2 weeks 4 kg / 8.8 lbs 4 scoops / 120ml 6 2 months 5 kg / 11.06 lbs 6 scoops / 180ml 5 4 months 6.5 kg / 14.5 lbs 7 scoops / 210ml 5 6 months 7.5 kg / 16.5 lbs 8 scoops / 240ml 4 7-12 months -- 7 scoops / 210ml 3
Assumes weaning at 6 months. Your baby may need more or less than the feeding guide above. This information is given as a guide only. Consult your healthcare professional if you require more advice.
1 scoop = 4.5g
Always use the scoop provided. The colour of the scoop in this pack may change from time to time.
Information Typical values of 100 ml
of which saturates
of which, mono-unsaturated
of which, polyunsaturates
of which LCP
Carbohydrates 7.4 g Sugars 7.3 g Lactose 7.0 g Polyols 0.007 g Inositol 0.007 g Protein 1.3 g Whey protein 0.8 g Casein 0.5 g Vitamins Vitamin A 58 µg Vitamin D3 1.4 µg Vitamin E 1.2 mg TE Vitamin K1 4.4 µg Vitamin C 9.2 mg Thiamin (B1) 0.06 mg Riboflavin (B2) 0.06 mg Niacin (B3) 0.14 mg Folate 13 µg Vitamin B12 0.09 µg Biotin 1.8 µg Pantothenic acid 0.53 mg Minerals
Sodium 21.9 mg Potassium 71 mg Chloride 52 mg Calcium 61 mg Phosphorus 42 mg Magnesium 5.4 mg Iron 0.53 mg Zinc 0.48 mg Copper 0.052 mg Manganese 0.003 mg Fluoride <0.006 mg Selenium 3 µg Iodine 13 µg Others L-Carnitine 2.1 mg Choline 22 mg Taurine 22 mg Non-caloric carbohydrate 0.2 g Nucleotides 2.3 mg
Warnings and cautions
- For hygiene reasons, do not store made up feeds
- Make up each feed as required and always discard unfinished feeds after 2 hours
- If necessary offer cooled boiled water between feeds. Do not heat in a microwave. Hot spots may occur and cause scalding
- Breastfeeding is best for babies
- It is recommended that Cow & Gate first infant milk from newborn be used only on the advice of a doctor, midwife, health visitor, public health nurse, dietitian, pharmacist, or other professional responsible for maternal and child care
- When bottle feeding do not allow prolonged or frequent contact of milk feeds with your baby's teeth as this increases the risk of tooth decay
- Ask your Health Professional or Dentist for advice
- Make sure your baby's teeth are cleaned after the last feed at night
- Never leave your baby alone during feeding
How to use
- Wash hands and sterilise all utensils according to manufacturers' instructions.
- Boil freshly run water. Leave kettle to cool for 30 minutes. Do not use artificially softened or repeatedly boiled water.
- Measure the required amount of water (refer to feeding guide) into a sterilised bottle. Do not add powder to boiling water due to risk of scalding.
- Using the scoop provided, level off the powder with the built-in leveller. Do not press/heap the powder.
- Add one scoop to every 30 ml (1 fl oz) of boiled cooled water. Add the correct number of scoops to the water. Adding too many or too few scoops scan be harmful.
- Replace seal on bottle. Shake well (for 10 seconds) to dissolve powder. Remove seal, replace with a sterilised teat.
- Cool under running tap. Check temperature of feed. Feed immediately.
Contains Fish, Contains Milk, Contains Soya\Soybeans.
Demineralised Whey*, Vegetable Oils, Lactose*, Skimmed Milk*, Galacto-Oligosaccharides* (GOS), Whey Protein Concentrate*, Fructo-Oligosaccharides (FOS), Calcium Carbonate, Potassium Citrate, Potassium Chloride, Fish Oil, Magnesium Chloride, Calcium Phosphatem, Vitamin C, Emulsifier (Soya Lecithin), Choline Chloride, Taurine, Iron Sulphate, Zinc Sulphate, Uridine 5'-Monophosphate Sodium Salt, Cytidine 5'-Monophosphate, Vitamin E, Inositol, Adenosine 5'-Monophosphate, Inosine 5'-Monophosphate Sodium Salt, Niacin, L-Tryptophan, Guanosine, 5'-Monophosphate Sodium Salt, L-Carnitine, Pantothenic Acid, Folic Acid, Copper Sulphate, Vitamin A, Biotin, Vitamin B12, Thiamin, Vitamin D3, Vitamin B6, Manganese Sulphate, Potassium Iodide, Vitamin K, Sodium Selenite, Contains: *Milk.
Delivery and returns
Click & Collect
Free on orders over £15
£1.50 for orders up to £15
Delivered in one working day if ordered before 3pm Monday - 3pm Thursday
Delivered the following working Tuesday if ordered after 3pm Thursday - 3pm Monday
*Please note: If your chosen pharmacy is in the North West, North East, Yorkshire, the Isle of Man, Channel Islands or Scottish Highlands and Islands your order will take an additional working day to these delivery times. To find out if your pharmacy is impacted click here.
Free on orders over £25
£2.95 for orders up to £25
Delivered in 2-3 working days
Next day delivery
Delivered next working day if ordered before 3pm Monday - 3pm Thursday
Delivered on Saturday if ordered after 3pm Thursday - 3pm Friday
Delivered Tuesday if ordered after 3pm Friday - Sunday
Purchasing in bulk/high unit volume
Please note that when purchasing high unit volumes of single lines (10+ units) that delivery promotions are null and void.
This is as a result of high volume orders not being able to be dispatched via our normal third party fulfilment.
As a result for any excessive bulk orders of single lines we will be in touch regarding your order to discuss further delivery costs that will be incurred.
If you're not completely satisfied with your order, you can return it to us within 14 days
Find out more about our returns policy click here