- Instant relief from heartburn & indigestion
- Long-lasting & soothing solution
- Peppermint flavour
Using Gaviscon advance liquid peppermint, you can actually feel relief from heartburn and indigestion.
A reflux suppressant, Gaviscon advance peppermint flavor oral suspension, forms a protective layer on top of stomach lining. As a result this product prevents reflux and keeps the contents of the stomach from reaching the lining of the food pipe, relieving symptoms of heartburn and acid reflux.
The medication may also assist with the relief of symptoms associated with conditions such as hiatus hernia, reflux oesophagitis, hoarseness, sore throats and coughs caused by reflux. Also, this medication can be used to control heartburn symptoms that are caused by taking, or withdrawing from, medication to reduce stomach acid, such as Proton Pump Inhibitors (PPIs) or H2 Antagonists.
Features of Gaviscon Advance liquid peppermint
- Extra strength formula
- Soothes pain & discomfort
- Provides relief against indigestion, heartburn & reflux cough
- Suitable during pregnancy
- Sugar & gluten free
- Adults & children 12 years & over
Warnings and cautions
- Do not use this product after the expiry date
- Do not refrigerate
- Keep out of the sight and reach of children
- If symptoms persist after 7 days consult your doctor
- Children under 12 years should only be taken on medical advice
How to use
- For oral use.
- Adults and children 12 years and over: Take 5-10 ml (one to two 5ml spoonfuls) after meals and at bedtime.
- Shake well before use.
- Children under 12 years should only be taken on medical advice.
Each 10ml of oral suspension contains 1000mg sodium alginate and 200mg potassium hydrogen carbonate as the active ingredients. The other ingredients are calcium carbonate, carbomer, methyl (E218)and propyl (E216) parahydroxybenzoates, sodium saccharin, sodium hydroxide, peppermint flavour and purified water.This product does not contain sugar or gluten.
Potassium: This medicine contains 1.0 mmol (39.06 mg) Potassium per 5 ml. To be taken into consideration by patients with reduced kidney function or patients on a controlled potassium diet.
This medicinal product contains 57.85 mg sodium per 5 ml, equivalent to 2.9 % of the WHO recommended maximum daily intake for sodium.
Delivery and returns
Click & Collect
- Free on all orders over £20
- £1.50 on orders up to £20
- Delivered in 3-5 working days if ordered before 6pm Monday - 6pm Thursday
- Delivered the following working Thursday if ordered after 6pm Thursday - 6pm Monday
*Please note: If your chosen pharmacy is in the North West, North East, Yorkshire, the Isle of Man, Channel Islands or Scottish Highlands and Islands your order will take an additional working day to these delivery times. To find out if your pharmacy is impacted click here.
- Free on orders over £30
- £2.99 for orders up to £30
- Delivered in 3-5 working days
- Free on orders over £60
- £4.99 on orders up to £60
- Delivered Next Day if ordered before 6pm Monday to Friday
- Delivered Tuesday if ordered after 6pm Friday to Sunday
Pharmacy Medicines delivery
Pharmacy Medicines will need to be signed for by someone aged 18 or over. If there isn't anyone in who can sign for your order, you can change your delivery date or redirect it to a local parcel shop using the courier's website or app.
Unfortunately, your order can't be left in a safe place or with a neighbour. The courier will try to deliver three times before they return it to us.
Purchasing in bulk/high unit volume
Please note that when purchasing high unit volumes of single lines (10+ units) that delivery promotions are null and void.
This is as a result of high volume orders not being able to be dispatched via our normal third party fulfilment.
As a result for any excessive bulk orders of single lines we will be in touch regarding your order to discuss further delivery costs that will be incurred.
If you're not completely satisfied with your order, you can return it to us within 28 days
Find out more about our returns policy click here