- 1 tablet a day
- Treats heartburn and acid reflux
- Provides 24 hours protection
20mg gastro resistant tablets is for short-term treatment of heartburn and acid reflux.
Known as a proton pump inhibitor (PPI), Guardium lowers acid reflux symptoms like heartburn and reduces acid reflux symptoms in your stomach. It takes two to three days for Guardium to become fully effective. Adults can use this medicine for short-term relief of reflux symptoms (for instance, heartburn and acid regurgitation). If you are not feeling better after 14 days or if you feel worse, you should seek medical attention.
Features of Guardium tablets
- Blocks the acid pumps in your stomach
- Can be used together with Gaviscon advance
- Provides convenient, long lasting relief from frequent heartburn symptoms
- Manufactured by the same company that makes Gaviscon
- Contains esomeprazole
- Also helps with burning pain in chest
- 14 tablets
- Adults and 18+
- Short-term treatment of reflux symptoms
Warnings and cautions
- Read the package leaflet before use
- No other liquids should be used as the enteric coating may be dissolved
- The pellets must not be chewed or crushed
- If no symptom relief is obtained within 2 weeks of continuous treatment, the patient should be instructed to consult a doctor
- This medicine should not be used by children and adolescents under 18 years of age
- Keep it out of the sight and reach of children
- Do not use if you are allergic to esomeprazole or any of the ingredients
How to use
- The tablets should be swallowed whole with liquid. The tablets should not be chewed or crushed.
- Alternatively, the tablets can also be dispersed in half a glass of non-carbonated water.
- The water should be stirred until the tablet disintegrates.
- The liquid with the pellets should be drunk immediately or within 30 minutes.
- Adults aged 18 years and over: The recommended dose is 20 mg esomeprazole (one tablet) per day.
- It might be necessary to take the tablets for 2-3 consecutive days to achieve improvement of symptoms.
- The duration of treatment is up to 2 weeks.
- Once complete relief of symptoms has occurred, treatment should be discontinued.
- The glass should be rinsed with half a glass of water and the water drunk.
The active substance is esomeprazole. Each gastro-resistant tablet contains 20mg esomeprazole (as esomeprazole magnesium).
Delivery and returns
Click & Collect
- Free on all orders over £20
- £1.50 on orders up to £20
- Delivered in 3-5 working days if ordered before 6pm Monday - 6pm Thursday
- Delivered the following working Thursday if ordered after 6pm Thursday - 6pm Monday
*Please note: If your chosen pharmacy is in the North West, North East, Yorkshire, the Isle of Man, Channel Islands or Scottish Highlands and Islands your order will take an additional working day to these delivery times. To find out if your pharmacy is impacted click here.
- Free on orders over £30
- £2.99 for orders up to £30
- Delivered in 3-5 working days
- Free on orders over £60
- £4.99 on orders up to £60
- Delivered Next Day if ordered before 6pm Monday to Friday
- Delivered Tuesday if ordered after 6pm Friday to Sunday
Pharmacy Medicines delivery
Pharmacy Medicines will need to be signed for by someone aged 18 or over. If there isn't anyone in who can sign for your order, you can change your delivery date or redirect it to a local parcel shop using the courier's website or app.
Unfortunately, your order can't be left in a safe place or with a neighbour. The courier will try to deliver three times before they return it to us.
Purchasing in bulk/high unit volume
Please note that when purchasing high unit volumes of single lines (10+ units) that delivery promotions are null and void.
This is as a result of high volume orders not being able to be dispatched via our normal third party fulfilment.
As a result for any excessive bulk orders of single lines we will be in touch regarding your order to discuss further delivery costs that will be incurred.
If you're not completely satisfied with your order, you can return it to us within 28 days
Find out more about our returns policy click here