- Fast and effective diarrhoea relief in under an hour
- Proven formula for over 40 years
- Easy-to-swallow capsules
Fast and effective relied from diarrhoea.
Imodium original is a treatment which can ease short term diarrhoea and diarrhoea caused by IBS. It helps to reduce the number of times you need to go to the toilet, easing symptoms so you can feel better.
Imodium original contains 2mg of the active ingredient Loperamide in every capsule. This active ingredient treats diarrhoea by slowing down your overactive bowel, which gives your body the time to absorb the water and salts that it usually loses when you have diarrhoea.
Features of Imodium original 2mg capsules
- Fast and effective relief
- Acts within one hour of taking
- Slow down an overactive bowel
- Helps your body to absorb water and salts
- Children of 12 years and over
Warnings and cautions
- Do not take more than 6 tablets in any 24-hour period
- Keep out of the sight and reach of children
- Read the leaflet carefully before use
- For the symptomatic relief of diarrhoea only and is not a substitute for rehydration therapy
- If your symptoms change or if your diarrhoea persists for more than 2 weeks, consult your doctor
How to use
Sudden short-lived (acute) diarrhoea:
Adults and children over 12 years:
Swallow 2 capsules initially, followed if required, by 1 capsule after every further loose bowel movement, up to a maximum of 6 capsules per day.
Diarrhoea associated with Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) already diagnosed by a doctor:
Adults of 18 years and over:
Swallow 2 capsules initially, followed if required, by 1 capsule after every further loose bowel movement, or as advised previously by your doctor.
Each Capsule contains 2mg Loperamide Hydrochloride. Also contains Lactose.
See leaflet for further information
Delivery and returns
Click & Collect
- Free on all orders over £20
- £1.50 on orders up to £20
- Delivered in 3-5 working days if ordered before 6pm Monday - 6pm Thursday
- Delivered the following working Thursday if ordered after 6pm Thursday - 6pm Monday
*Please note: If your chosen pharmacy is in the North West, North East, Yorkshire, the Isle of Man, Channel Islands or Scottish Highlands and Islands your order will take an additional working day to these delivery times. To find out if your pharmacy is impacted click here.
- Free on orders over £30
- £2.99 for orders up to £30
- Delivered in 3-5 working days
- Free on orders over £60
- £4.99 on orders up to £60
- Delivered Next Day if ordered before 6pm Monday to Friday
- Delivered Tuesday if ordered after 6pm Friday to Sunday
Pharmacy Medicines delivery
Pharmacy Medicines will need to be signed for by someone aged 18 or over. If there isn't anyone in who can sign for your order, you can change your delivery date or redirect it to a local parcel shop using the courier's website or app.
Unfortunately, your order can't be left in a safe place or with a neighbour. The courier will try to deliver three times before they return it to us.
Purchasing in bulk/high unit volume
Please note that when purchasing high unit volumes of single lines (10+ units) that delivery promotions are null and void.
This is as a result of high volume orders not being able to be dispatched via our normal third party fulfilment.
As a result for any excessive bulk orders of single lines we will be in touch regarding your order to discuss further delivery costs that will be incurred.
If you're not completely satisfied with your order, you can return it to us within 28 days
Find out more about our returns policy click here