- Helps stop a cold early
- Clinically Proven
- Easy to use
Prevents the spread of cold viruses by trapping them early.
Common colds as well as flu-like illnesses are transmitted by inhaling airborne viruses, such as those that circulate when an infected individual coughs or sneezes. Cold viruses infect the nasal lining, where they multiply and spread, triggering the body's immune response. Sore throat, stuffy or runny nose, fever, headache or coughing are common cold symptoms resulting from these viruses. As the virus multiplies and spreads, cold symptoms develop further.
Using Lemsip First ActionTM at the first sign of cold or flu-like symptoms has been clinically proven to reduce the duration of cold and flu-like symptoms by up to 2 days. The spray forms a shield on the surface of the nasal mucosa, helping cold viruses clump together so they cannot replicate and infect healthy cells.
Features of Lemsip first action nasal spray
- Forms a shielding layer to help trap cold viruses
- Helps to limit cold symptoms
- Removes viral particles that have been trapped in the nose
- Contains carragelose and kappa-carrageenan
- Provides relief from sore throat, stuffy or runny nose, fever, headache or coughing
- Suitable for use during pregnancy and from 1 Year
- Use during pregnancy and from 1 year
Warnings and cautions
- Read the enclosed instructions leaflet before use
- Do not use if allergic to any of the ingredients
- If a fever occurs and/or symptoms persist for more than one week, you should consult a pharmacist or doctor
- For hygiene reasons Lemsip First Action™ Nasal Spray should always be used by one and the same person
- Avoid contact with eyes
- Keep out of sight and reach of children
How to use
- At first signs of cold or flu-like symptoms spray once into each nostril while holding the other nostril closed several times a day to help stop the development of symptoms into a full blown cold.
- Continue until the symptoms have stopped.
- To prime pump, remove cap and, while holding the bottle upright, spray into the air until a uniform mist is released.
- Insert the spray head carefully and not too deep into the nose.
- Tilt the head forward and spray one puff into one nostril while holding the other nostril closed.
- Repeat with the opposite nostril.
- Wipe nozzle clean after use and replace protective cap.
Salt solution with 1.2mg/ml Carragelose® and 0.4mg/ml kappa-Carrageenan, 70 mg sorbitol, sodium chloride, EDTA, citrate-phosphate buffer and purified water.
Delivery and returns
Click & Collect
- Free on all orders over £20
- £1.50 on orders up to £20
- Delivered in 4-6 working days if ordered before 6pm Monday - 6pm Thursday
- Delivered the following working Thursday if ordered after 6pm Thursday - 6pm Monday
*Please note: If your chosen pharmacy is in the North West, North East, Yorkshire, the Isle of Man, Channel Islands or Scottish Highlands and Islands your order will take an additional working day to these delivery times. To find out if your pharmacy is impacted click here.
- Free on orders over £35
- £3.49 for orders up to £35
- Delivered in 4-6 working days
- Delivered Next Day if ordered before 8pm Monday to Friday
- Delivered Monday if ordered after 8pm Friday - 12pm Sunday
- Delivered Tuesday if ordered after 12pm on Sunday
- Not available in the Channel Islands
Pharmacy Medicines delivery
Pharmacy Medicines will need to be signed for by someone aged 18 or over. If there isn't anyone in who can sign for your order, you can change your delivery date or redirect it to a local parcel shop using the courier's website or app.
Unfortunately, your order can't be left in a safe place or with a neighbour. The courier will try to deliver three times before they return it to us.
Purchasing in bulk/high unit volume
Please note that when purchasing high unit volumes of single lines (10+ units) that delivery promotions are null and void.
This is as a result of high volume orders not being able to be dispatched via our normal third party fulfilment.
As a result for any excessive bulk orders of single lines we will be in touch regarding your order to discuss further delivery costs that will be incurred.
If you're not completely satisfied with your order, you can return it to us within 28 days
Find out more about our returns policy click here