- Early detection of atrial fibrillation
- At home monitoring for two users
- Helps to reduce your risk of stroke
Early detection of atrial fibrillation, premature contraction and strokes.
The LloydsPharmacy cardio blood pressure monitor can prevent the risk of cardio disease and stroke by early detection of atrial fibrillation (AFib) and premature contraction (PC). Cardiac diseases such as PC and AFib need medical attention and early detection is paramount, as these conditions are associated with a higher risk of cardio blood clots, stroke, heart failure and other heart-related complications. The LloydsPharmacy cardio blood pressure monitor has in-built CARRDIO technology which detects arrhythmia during your regular blood pressure checks. There's no need for a second test, a different setting, simply take your blood pressure like you normally would.
Atrial fibrillation (AFib) is when the heart has an abnormal rhythm (arrhythmia), characterised by rapid and/or irregular beating of the atrial (upper) chambers of the heart. People with AFib are five times more likely to have a stroke and atrial fibrillation often begins as short periods of abnormal beating, which over time may become longer periods. It may also start as other forms of arrhythmia such as atrial flutter that then transform into AFib. Undetected AFib is the most common heart rhythm disorder and affects an estimated 1.5m people in the U.K.
Premature contraction (PC) is an extra, abnormal heartbeat that occurs within the lower chambers (ventricles) of the heart. These extra beats disrupt your regular heart rhythm, sometimes causing you to feel a fluttering or palpitations (skipped beat) in your chest. These extra beats may occur singularly or repeated. PC is a sensitive marker for a range of cardiac disorders and elevated ischemic stroke risk.
The cardio blood pressure monitor from LloydsPharmacy is innovative with its detection of AFib and PC. Plus, it also has other beneficial features including two user settings with 120 reading memories, loose cuff detection where an icon will appear on the monitor to indicate if the cuff is not positioned correctly. The movement detection will remind you to remain still whilst taking a reading, giving a more accurate result. The visual hypertension risk indication shows the assumed risk level (optimal, normal, high-normal, grade 1 hypertension, grade 2 hypertension, grade 3 hypertension) of your result, making the meaning of your findings comprehensive and reliable. Last but not least, the blood pressure monitor features a guest mode where a non-stored single reading can be taken.
Features of LloydsPharmacy cardio blood pressure monitor with atrial fibrillation detection
- Arrhythmia detection (ARR)
- Premature contraction detection (PC)
- Loose cuff detection
- Movement detection
- Hypertension risk indication
- Average reading
- 7 day am/pm averaging
- 120 memories for two users with date and time indication
- Guest mode
- Cuff size Provided 24cm - 40cm
- Jumbo size XL digits for easy reading
- 1 x blood pressure unit
- 1 x universal cone cuff (latex free)
- 4 x AA batteries
- 1 x user manual
- 1 x storage pouch
Please note that the AC adapter is not included
- Power: 4 x AA batteries
- Measurement method: Oscillometer
- Measurement range pressure: 30~260 mmHg
- Pulse: 40~199 beats/minute
- Pressure sensor: Semi-conductor
- Accuracy pressure: ± 3 mmHg; Pulse: ± 5% of reading
- Inflation: Pump driven
- Deflation: Automatic air release valve
- Memory capacity: 60 memories for each zone x 2 zones
Warnings and cautions
- Read packaging carefully before use.
How to use
- Unwrap the arm cuff, leaving the end of the cuff through the D-ring of the cuff.
- Put your left arm through the cuff loop. The colour strip indication should be positioned closer to you with the tube pointing in the direction of your arm.
- With your left palm facing upward, place the edge of the arm cuff at approximately 1.5 to 2.5cm above the inner side of the elbow joint..
- Pull the end of the cuff to tighten then centre the tube over the middle of the arm.
- Press the hook and loop material together securely allowing room for two fingers to fit between the cuff and your arm.
- Position the artery mark (Ø) over the main artery (on the inside of your arm). Note: Locate the main artery by pressing with two fingers approximately 2cm above the bend of your elbow on the inside of your left arm.
For more information please see packaging.
Delivery and returns
Click & Collect
Free on orders over £15
£1.50 for orders up to £15
Delivered in one working day if ordered before 3pm Monday - 3pm Thursday
Delivered the following working Tuesday if ordered after 3pm Thursday - 3pm Monday
*Please note: If your chosen pharmacy is in the North West, North East, Yorkshire, the Isle of Man, Channel Islands or Scottish Highlands and Islands your order will take an additional working day to these delivery times. To find out if your pharmacy is impacted click here.
Free on orders over £25
£2.95 for orders up to £25
Delivered in 5-7 working days
The majority of items are still arriving within 7-10 working days, there may be some delays with Royal Mail and DPD due to pressure on the postal network at the moment.
Next day delivery
Delivered next working day if ordered before 3pm Monday - 3pm Thursday
Delivered on Saturday if ordered after 3pm Thursday - 3pm Friday
Delivered Tuesday if ordered after 3pm Friday - Sunday
Purchasing in bulk/high unit volume
Please note that when purchasing high unit volumes of single lines (10+ units) that delivery promotions are null and void.
This is as a result of high volume orders not being able to be dispatched via our normal third party fulfilment.
As a result for any excessive bulk orders of single lines we will be in touch regarding your order to discuss further delivery costs that will be incurred.
If you're not completely satisfied with your order, you can return it to us within 28 days
Find out more about our returns policy click here