- Can ease symptoms associated with constipation and liver disease
- Softens the stool
- Not absorbed by the body
Oral solution that encourages normal bowel movement.
LloydsPharmacy lactulose 3.3g 5ml is a type of laxative that is taken to relieve the symptoms of constipation (difficulty pooing) and is also recommended to help treat symptoms of liver disease (portal systemic encephalopathy). Constipation is common in people of all ages and tends to occur as result of poor diet and exercise (although certain conditions and medications may make constipation more likely).
LloydsPharmacy lactulose 3.3g 5ml is an oral solution that works by drawing water into the bowel which makes your stool (poo) softer and easier to pass through the digestive system. The solution is easy to swallow and encourages normal digestive function.
Features of LloydsPharmacy lactulose 3.3g 5ml 500ml
- Sweet-tasting oral solution
- Draws water into the colon
- Effective against symptoms of constipation and portal systemic encephalopathy
- Not absorbed by the body
- Encourages normal digestive function
- Keep out of sight and reach of children
- Do not store above 25°C
- Contains traces of sugars
How to use
Adults and adolescents over 14 years:
- Starting dose: 15-45ml (corresponding to 10-30g lactulose).
- Maintenance dose: 15ml (corresponding to 10g lactulose).
Children (7-14 years):
- Starting dose: 15ml (corresponding to 10g lactulose).
- Maintenance dose: 10-15ml (corresponding to 3-7g lactulose).
- Starting dose: up to 5ml (corresponding to up to 3g lactulose).
For portal systemic encephalopathy (Liver disease that affects the brain):
- Beginning with 30-50ml 3 times daily (corresponding to 60-100g lactulose). The dosage has to be adapted to get 2-3 soft stools daily, pH of the stools should be between 5.0 to 5.5.
- The safety and efficacy in children aged 0-18 years has not been established. In elderly patients and patients with renal or hepatic insufficiency no special dosage recommendations exist.
Active ingredients 5 ml: 3.35 g lactulose.
Other ingredients: lactose and galactose.
Contains traces of sugars (e.g. lactose, glactose, epilactose, tagatose, fructose).
Delivery and returns
Click & Collect
Free on orders over £15
£1.50 for orders up to £15
Delivered in one working day if ordered before 3pm Monday - 3pm Thursday
Delivered the following working Tuesday if ordered after 3pm Thursday - 3pm Monday
*Please note: If your chosen pharmacy is in the North West, North East, Yorkshire, the Isle of Man, Channel Islands or Scottish Highlands and Islands your order will take an additional working day to these delivery times. To find out if your pharmacy is impacted click here.
Free on orders over £25
£2.95 for orders up to £25
Delivered in 2-3 working days
Next day delivery
Delivered next working day if ordered before 3pm Monday - 3pm Thursday
Delivered on Saturday if ordered after 3pm Thursday - 3pm Friday
Delivered Tuesday if ordered after 3pm Friday - Sunday
Purchasing in bulk/high unit volume
Please note that when purchasing high unit volumes of single lines (10+ units) that delivery promotions are null and void.
This is as a result of high volume orders not being able to be dispatched via our normal third party fulfilment.
As a result for any excessive bulk orders of single lines we will be in touch regarding your order to discuss further delivery costs that will be incurred.
If you're not completely satisfied with your order, you can return it to us within 14 days
Find out more about our returns policy click here