- Inhibiting influence against bacteria
- To promote the healing of wounds, cracks, burns or ulcers
- Uses refined resin from Norwegian spruce
Provides a protective layer that enhances the healing of the wound.
LloydsPharmacy wound healing balm 20g has been specifically formulated using the refined resin of the Norwegian spruce from Finnish Lapland. This wound healing balm uses ingredients that help promote the healing of any infected and non-infected wounds, cracks, minor burns or ulcers. The balm has a strong inhibiting effect against bacteria and certain fungi and promotes the re-epithelialisation of the skin leading to the wound healing*.
Resin salves have been used since the antiquity in traditional Finnish folk medicine as self-treatment of various skin problems. The LloydsPharmacy wound healing balm creates a protective layer that protects the wound from outside interference and enhances the healing of the wound and promotes the successful cellular and molecular closing of the skin.
*Re-epithelialisation is the resurfacing of a wound with new epithelium and completion of epithelialisation are essential for successful wound closure.
Features of LloydsPharmacy wound healing balm 20g
- Creates a protective barrier over the wound
- For use on wounds, cracks, minor burns or ulcers
- Uses refined resin from the Norwegian spruce
- Protects against bacteria and certain fungi
- Natural ingredients to help promote healing
- Patients with infected or non-infected wounds
- Cracks, burns or ulcers, where no pre-existing sensitivity exists to tree resins
Warnings and cautions
- The salve may not be used during pregnancy and lactation
- Possible side effects: May cause allergic skin reactions (allergic contact dermatitis) in persons who are resin-sensitive. If allergic please seek out help from your healthcare professional
- Always seek medical advice before using this product
- Read the instructions leaflet before use
How to use
- The affected area should, if possible, be washed and cleaned before the application.
- Apply the balm directly to the wound.
- Alternatively, apply the wound balm onto a non-adherent dressing.
- Wound balm should be applied at each dressing change.
- Do not apply to mucous membranes, eyes or mouth. Do not use internally.
Norway Spruce Resin 10%.
Delivery and returns
Click & Collect
Free on orders over £15
£1.50 for orders up to £15
Delivered in one working day if ordered before 3pm Monday - 3pm Thursday
Delivered the following working Tuesday if ordered after 3pm Thursday - 3pm Monday
*Please note: If your chosen pharmacy is in the North West, North East, Yorkshire, the Isle of Man, Channel Islands or Scottish Highlands and Islands your order will take an additional working day to these delivery times. To find out if your pharmacy is impacted click here.
Free on orders over £25
£2.95 for orders up to £25
Delivered in 2-3 working days
Next day delivery
Delivered next working day if ordered before 3pm Monday - 3pm Thursday
Delivered on Saturday if ordered after 3pm Thursday - 3pm Friday
Delivered Tuesday if ordered after 3pm Friday - Sunday
Purchasing in bulk/high unit volume
Please note that when purchasing high unit volumes of single lines (10+ units) that delivery promotions are null and void.
This is as a result of high volume orders not being able to be dispatched via our normal third party fulfilment.
As a result for any excessive bulk orders of single lines we will be in touch regarding your order to discuss further delivery costs that will be incurred.
If you're not completely satisfied with your order, you can return it to us within 14 days
Find out more about our returns policy click here