- Effective malaria prevention
- Kills malaria parasites in your body
- Ideal for travel through high-risk areas
A reliable malaria prevention medication.
Malaria is spread by mosquitoes and is caused by a parasite entering your blood stream. Symptoms include headaches, high fever, muscular pain, nausea (and more) and these usually start within 7-18 days of being bitten. This tropical disease can be fatal if left untreated.
That's why Maloff protect is an essential and convenient treatment for those planning on visiting high-risk areas. Maloff protect contains the active ingredients atovaquone and proguanil which kill the malarial parasite (if the course is taken correctly). It does this by stopping the production of substances needed by the parasite for it to reproduce, as well as preventing the action of a compound found within the parasite. The convenience of Maloff's prescription- free treatment plan means your travel preparations can be made simple.
Features of Maloff protect 36 pack tablets
- Prescription-free medicine
- Can kill parasite within seven days
- Makes travel plans easier
- Ideal for travel longer than two weeks
- No need for GP
- 24 tablets
- Adults over 18
Warnings and cautions
- Keep out of reach and sight of children
- Can cause side effects. The most common side effects are headaches, nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea and abdominal pain. If you experience any of the above, speak to one of our in-store pharmacists or your GP
- Please be aware that sever reactions are rare. However, if you experience any of the following stop taking Maloff protect
Immediately and consult your doctor:
- Skin rashes
- Itching Sudden wheezing
- Difficulty breathing
- Swelling of the face
- Tightening of the chest/throat
If any of the below apply to you, Maloff protect is not suitable and you should speak to a medical professional about other forms of malaria prevention:
- Children and adolescents under 18
- Adults weighing less than 40 kg (6st 4lbs)
- People allergic to any of the ingredients
- Women who are pregnant, breastfeeding or trying to become pregnant
- Patients diagnosed with renal or hepatic impairment
- Patients with a history of depression or seizures
- Patients with tuberculosis
- Patients taking any of the following medications: etoposide, rifampicin or rifabutin, metoclopramide, warfarin or other oral anticoagulant, indinavir, efavirenz, zidovudine or boosted protease inhibitor
How to use
- Take 1 tablet daily with food or a milky drink at the same time each day (swallowed not crushed).
Atovaquone 250mg, Proguanil 100mg.
Delivery and returns
Click & Collect
Free on orders over £15
£1.50 for orders up to £15
Delivered in one working day if ordered before 3pm Monday - 3pm Thursday
Delivered the following working Tuesday if ordered after 3pm Thursday - 3pm Monday
*Please note: If your chosen pharmacy is in the North West, North East, Yorkshire, the Isle of Man, Channel Islands or Scottish Highlands and Islands your order will take an additional working day to these delivery times. To find out if your pharmacy is impacted click here.
Free on orders over £25
£2.95 for orders up to £25
Delivered in 2-3 working days
Next day delivery
Delivered next working day if ordered before 3pm Monday - 3pm Thursday
Delivered on Saturday if ordered after 3pm Thursday - 3pm Friday
Delivered Tuesday if ordered after 3pm Friday - Sunday
Purchasing in bulk/high unit volume
Please note that when purchasing high unit volumes of single lines (10+ units) that delivery promotions are null and void.
This is as a result of high volume orders not being able to be dispatched via our normal third party fulfilment.
As a result for any excessive bulk orders of single lines we will be in touch regarding your order to discuss further delivery costs that will be incurred.
If you're not completely satisfied with your order, you can return it to us within 14 days
Find out more about our returns policy click here