- Gluten and lactose free
- Suitable for kosher diets
- Resealable can
A modified maize starch instant food and fluid thickener.
Developed by Abbott Nutrition , Multi Thick is a modified maize starch food and fluid thickener approved for the management of dysphagia. As a thickener for hot and cold drinks, puréed food, and oral nutritional supplements, it comes in a 250 g tin. If you need help determining how much Multi-thick you need, consult your healthcare professional.
Features of Multi Thick can
- 250g Multi-thick tin contains approximately 90 scoops
- Each level-scoop is 2.7g
- Can be mixed into a wide range of both foods and fluids
- Suitable for vegetarians and halal diets
- Designed for the dietary management of patients with dysphagia
- Vegetarians and halal diets
Warnings and cautions
- Please consult a healthcare professional for advice on the amount of Multi-thick required to thicken food and fluids to the appropriate consistency
- Multi-thick is intended for use as a food and fluid thickener only and is not intended to contribute significantly to nutritional intake
- Not for parenteral (intravenous) use
- Not intended for use in children under 3 years of age
- Store unopened at room temperature
- Opened tins should be resealed using the lid provided and stored in a cool, dry place (not in the refrigerator)
- If not used promptly after mixing with liquids or food, cover, refrigerate and use within 24 hours
How to use
- Use within 6 weeks of opening.
- For oral use as a food and fluid thickener.
- Uses Food for Special Medical Purposes, for use under medical supervision.
- Multi thick thicken up powder can be mixed into a wide range of both foods and fluids , such as warm and cold drinks , pureed food and oral nutritional supplements.
Modified maize starch (E1442) (contains sulphur dioxide).
Delivery and returns
Click & Collect
- Free on all orders over £20
- £1.50 on orders up to £20
- Delivered in 3-5 working days if ordered before 6pm Monday - 6pm Thursday
- Delivered the following working Thursday if ordered after 6pm Thursday - 6pm Monday
*Please note: If your chosen pharmacy is in the North West, North East, Yorkshire, the Isle of Man, Channel Islands or Scottish Highlands and Islands your order will take an additional working day to these delivery times. To find out if your pharmacy is impacted click here.
- Free on orders over £30
- £2.99 for orders up to £30
- Delivered in 3-5 working days
- Free on orders over £60
- £4.99 on orders up to £60
- Delivered Next Day if ordered before 6pm Monday to Friday
- Delivered Tuesday if ordered after 6pm Friday to Sunday
Pharmacy Medicines delivery
Pharmacy Medicines will need to be signed for by someone aged 18 or over. If there isn't anyone in who can sign for your order, you can change your delivery date or redirect it to a local parcel shop using the courier's website or app.
Unfortunately, your order can't be left in a safe place or with a neighbour. The courier will try to deliver three times before they return it to us.
Purchasing in bulk/high unit volume
Please note that when purchasing high unit volumes of single lines (10+ units) that delivery promotions are null and void.
This is as a result of high volume orders not being able to be dispatched via our normal third party fulfilment.
As a result for any excessive bulk orders of single lines we will be in touch regarding your order to discuss further delivery costs that will be incurred.
If you're not completely satisfied with your order, you can return it to us within 28 days
Find out more about our returns policy click here