- Topical ointment
- Fights bacterial infections
- Protects outer surface of the eye
Optrex bacterial conjunctivitis 1% w/w eye ointment for the treatment of acute bacterial conjunctivitis.
A topical ointment for treating bacterial infections of the outer surface of the eye, Optrex bacterial conjunctivitis 1% w/w eye ointment contains chloramphenicol, an antibiotic used to treat bacteria. Acute bacterial conjunctivitis is the most common form of infection in this area. When you have acute bacterial conjunctivitis, you will have redness and swollenness of your eyelids. A sticky discharge may be present, causing a difficulty opening the eye in the morning, as well as a feeling of irritation.
Features of Optrex bacterial conjunctivitis 1% w/w eye ointment 4g
- For administration to the eye only
- Effective against the treatment of acute bacterial conjunctivitis
- Provides relief
- Medicines and treatments
- Adults, children aged 2 years and over
Warnings and cautions
- Do not store above 25°C
- Do not use this ointment if you are allergic to chloramphenicol or anything else in the ointment
- If you do not get better within 48 hours talk to a doctor
- If your eyes get worse see a doctor straight away
- After 5 days, throw away any ointment left
- Keep out of the sight and reach of children
How to use
- Read the package leaflet before use.
- For topical administration to the eye.
- For adults, children aged 2 years and over. Dose: A small amount of ointment in the affected eye 3-4 times daily for 5 days.
Please see packaging for further information.
Delivery and returns
Click & Collect
- Free on all orders over £20
- £1.50 for orders up to £20
- Delivered in 4-5 working days if ordered before 6pm Monday - 6pm Thursday
- Delivered the following working Friday if ordered after 6pm Thursday - 6pm Monday
*Please note: If your chosen pharmacy is in the North West, North East, Yorkshire, the Isle of Man, Channel Islands or Scottish Highlands and Islands your order will take an additional working day to these delivery times. To find out if your pharmacy is impacted click here.
- Free on orders over £30
- £3.99 for orders up to £30
- Delivered in 4-6 working days
- Delivered Next Day if ordered before 6pm Monday to Friday
- Delivered Tuesday if ordered after 6pm Friday to Sunday
Pharmacy Medicines delivery
Pharmacy Medicines will need to be signed for by someone aged 18 or over. If there isn't anyone in who can sign for your order, you can change your delivery date or redirect it to a local parcel shop using the courier's website or app.
Unfortunately, your order can't be left in a safe place or with a neighbour. The courier will try to deliver three times before they return it to us.
Purchasing in bulk/high unit volume
Please note that when purchasing high unit volumes of single lines (10+ units) that delivery promotions are null and void.
This is as a result of high volume orders not being able to be dispatched via our normal third party fulfilment.
As a result for any excessive bulk orders of single lines we will be in touch regarding your order to discuss further delivery costs that will be incurred.
If you're not completely satisfied with your order, you can return it to us within 28 days
Find out more about our returns policy click here