- Helps alleviate asthma symptoms
- Improves the strength of the muscles we use to breathe
- Trains respiratory muscles to resist fatigue
POWERbreathe has been shown to reduce breathlessness and bring new-found freedom to people who, because of illness or advancing age, are restricted by shortness of breath.
How many of us get out-of-breath walking upstairs, running for a bus or walking the dog? There can be many causes of breathlessness, such as illness, injury or simply getting older. Most people assume breathing is controlled automatically, like our heartbeat, but the truth is that we need to learn how to breathe well.
POWERbreathe has been shown to reduce breathlessness and bring new-found freedom to people who, because of illness or advancing age, are restricted by shortness of breath using the laboratory-proven POWERbreathe training system of 30 breaths twice day and the strength of your breathing muscles will improve rapidly. An easy-to-use, drug free, hand-held device, POWERbreathe has a controllable load for progressive exercise and is appropriate for people at all levels of fitness.
POWERbreathe is great for those living with asthma or anyone experiencing respiratory issues. New research has shown that exercising and strengthening the muscles we use to breathe in, the inspiratory muscles, can help reduce breathlessness and can also alleviate the symptoms of asthma. If you think you might have asthma, find out more about asthma symptoms and its causes here.
Numerous research trials have already been conducted, examining breathlessness and respiratory muscle fatigue in many groups of people. In randomised, controlled trials, on mild/moderate asthmatics, POWERbreathe increased inspiratory muscle strength by a mean of 11% in just three weeks (McConnell et al., 1998).
Inspiratory muscle training has improved inspiratory muscle function in the following conditions:
• Spinal cord injury (Hultgren et al.,1980, Gross et al., 1980).
• Cystic fibrosis (Sawyer et al., 1993).
• Chronic heart failure (Cahalin et al.,1997, Mancini et al., 1995).
• Neuromuscular diseases including MS (Foglio et al., 1994).
• Duchenne muscular dystrophy (Wanke et al., 1994).
• Heart-lung transplant patients (Ambrosino et al., 1996).
Discover more advice and support for your respiratory concerns here.
Features of POWERbreathe classic light resistance wellness trainer
• Improves strength and endurance of respiratory muscles
• Trains muscles to resist fatigue
• Relieves the symptoms of asthma
• Drug free respiratory treatment
• No drug interactions or side effects
• Easy to use and washable
• Scientifically proven inspiratory muscle training device
• 1 x POWERbreathe classic light resistance wellness trainer
How to use
Beginning the treatment:
1. Put the nose-clip on over your nose so that it pushes your nostrils together. This is optional but by doing this it prevents you from breathing in through your nose.
2. Breathe in sharply and forcefully through the POWERbreathe for 30 breaths twice a day. You should aim to use your POWERbreathe morning and night as this will allow your inspiratory muscles time to recover in between sessions.
3. You'll need to adjust and increase the resistance of your POWERbreathe device as your inspiratory muscle strength and stamina improves with treatment.
1. During the treatments the POWERbreathe device will be exposed to salvia and will need to be soaked 2-3 times per week.
2. To clean soak the POWERbreathe device for 10 minutes in warm water up to once a week soak the POWERbreathe device in a mild cleansing solution.
3. Leave the device to dry.
Please see the accompanying POWERbreathe user manual for full details.
Delivery and returns
Free on orders over £20
£3.95 for orders up to £20
Delivered within 4 - 5 working days
Next day delivery
Delivered next working day if ordered before 3pm Monday - 3pm Thursday
Delivered on Saturday if ordered after 3pm Thursday - 3pm Friday
Delivered Tuesday if ordered after 3pm Friday - Sunday
Click & Collect
Free on orders over £15
£1.50 for orders up to £15
Delivered the next working day if ordered before 3pm Monday - 3pm Thursday
Delivered the following working Tuesday if ordered after 3pm Thursday - 3pm Monday
*Orders to the Isle of Man, Channel Islands, Scottish Highlands and Islands will take an additional working day to these delivery times
Purchasing in bulk/high unit volume
Please note that when purchasing high unit volumes of single lines (10+ units) that delivery promotions are null and void.
This is as a result of high volume orders not being able to be dispatched via our normal third party fulfilment.
As a result for any excessive bulk orders of single lines we will be in touch regarding your order to discuss further delivery costs that will be incurred.
If you're not completely satisfied with your order, you can return it to us within 14 days
Find out more about our returns policy click here