- Visible results in 3 minutes
- Simple home test
- Reliable estimate of the total cholesterol in the blood
A reliable and easy-to-follow home test to check overall cholesterol health.
The SELFCheck cholesterol test can be taken in the comfort of your own with reliable results in under three minutes. This simple test allows you to check if your total cholesterol level is healthy. Total cholesterol is the overall measure of both good cholesterol (HDL) & bad cholesterol (LDL)
Early detection and management of raised cholesterol helps reduce the risks of hardening of the arteries, strokes and cardiac arrest. Cholesterol is a naturally-occurring fatty substance found in the blood that can clog arteries when it builds up. The SELFCheck cholesterol test allows you to take charge of your health and requires just a finger prick sample of blood in order to get a reading.
Features of SELFCheck cholesterol test
- Provides a reliable estimate of the total cholesterol level in the blood
- Easy to follow instructions
- Early detection of potential raised cholesterol
- A visible result in three minutes
- Everything you need to complete the test at home
- 1x Test card
- 1x Micro safety lances
- 1x Plaster
- 1x Instruction leaflet
The test is suitable for everyone, but is strongly recommended for:
- Those with diabetes, as they are at a greater risk of heart and coronary disease
- Those with a family history of heart disease
- Adults aged 40 years and over
Warnings and cautions
- Keep out of sight from children
- Please read instructions fully before use
- If you are concerned about your results or any of the symptoms you are experiencing, please consult your doctor or LloydsPharmacy pharmacist before making any medical decisions
- Test is best carried out in the morning on an empty stomach
How to use
The test is to be carried out on an empty stomach and should be donefirst thing in the morning.
- The test requires a finger prick sample of blood
- Visual result is available in less than 5 minutes.
- Read the full instruction manual contained in the pack before use.
How to read your results:
Below 5.0mmol/l - This means the level is the target for most people
Between 5.0mmol/l - 7.5mmol/l - This means the level is high
Above 7.5mmol/l - This means the level is very high
What next steps can I take if the results are high or very high?
You should speak to your pharmacist for a more thorough test and advice.
No medical decision should be taken without consulting a pharmacist or your doctor.
Steps can be taken to improve your lifestyle may help to reduce cholesterol levels:
- Stopping smoking
- Reducing alcohol intake
- Increasing physical activity
- Eating more fresh fruit, vegetables and fish oil
- Drinking more water
- If your results are between 5.0mmol/l and 7.5mmol/l you may like to speak to your pharmacist about maintaining healthy cholesterol levels and discuss the options available.
Delivery and returns
Click & Collect
- Free on all orders over £20
- £1.50 on orders up to £20
- Delivered in 4-6 working days if ordered before 6pm Monday - 6pm Thursday
- Delivered the following working Thursday if ordered after 6pm Thursday - 6pm Monday
*Please note: If your chosen pharmacy is in the North West, North East, Yorkshire, the Isle of Man, Channel Islands or Scottish Highlands and Islands your order will take an additional working day to these delivery times. To find out if your pharmacy is impacted click here.
- Free on orders over £35
- £3.49 for orders up to £35
- Delivered in 4-6 working days
- Delivered Next Day if ordered before 8pm Monday to Friday
- Delivered Monday if ordered after 8pm Friday - 12pm Sunday
- Delivered Tuesday if ordered after 12pm on Sunday
- Not available in the Channel Islands
Pharmacy Medicines delivery
Pharmacy Medicines will need to be signed for by someone aged 18 or over. If there isn't anyone in who can sign for your order, you can change your delivery date or redirect it to a local parcel shop using the courier's website or app.
Unfortunately, your order can't be left in a safe place or with a neighbour. The courier will try to deliver three times before they return it to us.
Purchasing in bulk/high unit volume
Please note that when purchasing high unit volumes of single lines (10+ units) that delivery promotions are null and void.
This is as a result of high volume orders not being able to be dispatched via our normal third party fulfilment.
As a result for any excessive bulk orders of single lines we will be in touch regarding your order to discuss further delivery costs that will be incurred.
If you're not completely satisfied with your order, you can return it to us within 28 days
Find out more about our returns policy click here