- Simple, easy to follow instructions
- Reliable test in the comfort of your own home
- Visible results in under 10 minutes
The SELFCheck test provides an early detection of potential gluten intolerance.
Gluten intolerance can be the cause of a lot of unwanted stress, and early indication allows you take further steps toward possible diagnosis of coeliac disease. The SELFCheck coelic test is here to help with it's easy to follow instruction and reliable results, allowing you to check your health in the comfort of your own home.
Gluten intolerance is a genetically inherited intestinal disorder, where the inner surface of the small intestine is damaged through eating food containing gluten. Gluten intolerance can present a range of symptoms, including mild weakness, mouth ulcers, chronic diarrhoea, abdominal bloating and weight loss. These symptoms may vary in intensity and therefore contribute to an overall decline to an individual's wellbeing. If you're worried about your digestive system, the SELFCheck coeliac test can be your first step towards a greater understanding of your gut
Features of SELFCheck coeliac (gluten intolerance) test
- Simple, easy to follow instructions
- No requirement to limit food or fluid intake prior to testing
- Home testing - no need to send off for results
- Test can be carried out at any time
- Provides a visible result within 10 minutes
- 1x Test strip
- 1x Lancet
- 1x Alcohol swab
- 1x Sample buffer solution
- 1x 1 Tube with glass capillary
- 1x Instruction leaflet
- 1 test
- Anyone who experiences unexplained digestive problems or who suspect they may be gluten intolerant
Warnings and cautions
- Please read the information leaflet before use
- Keep out of reach of children
- Store in a cool dry place
- The test is single-use only
- Do not use after expiry date
- For external use only
- Do not tamper with test before use
- Store between 4°C-30°C
- If you are concerned about the symptoms you are experiencing, we recommend that you seek medical advice from your GP or one of our Pharmacists
- If you have completed a self-test and are concerned about your results, we suggest that you talk to your GP or one of our Pharmacists for more advice
How to use
- The test requires a small drop of blood.
- Visual results will be available within 10 minutes.
- Read the full instruction leaflet contained in the pack before use.
How to read my results:
If 2 lines appear on the strip, 1 on the T line and 1 on the C line there is a positive! Result and are gluten intolerant.
If 1 line appears on the test strip on the C line then there is a negative! Result and do not appear to be gluten intolerant.
If no lines appear on the test strip or 1 line appears on the T line then the test is invalid and needs to be repeated with a new test kit.
What are the next steps I can take if the result is positive?
If you test positive for gluten intolerance you should contact your doctor for further tests and diagnosis.
You should not avoid eating food containing gluten (such as products made from wheat, rye or barley) in the meantime, as lowering gluten intake reduces antibodies and make diagnosis difficult.
Delivery and returns
Click & Collect
- Free on all orders over £15
- £1.50 for orders up to £15
- Delivered in 1 working day if ordered before 6pm Monday - 6pm Thursday
- Delivered the following working Tuesday if ordered after 6pm Thursday - 6pm Monday
*Please note: If your chosen pharmacy is in the North West, North East, Yorkshire, the Isle of Man, Channel Islands or Scottish Highlands and Islands your order will take an additional working day to these delivery times. To find out if your pharmacy is impacted click here.
- Free on orders over £25
- £2.99 for orders up to £25
- Delivered in 3-5 working days
Next day delivery
- Free on orders over £60
- £5.99 for orders up to £60
- Delivered Next Day if ordered before 6pm Monday to Friday
- Delivered Tuesday if ordered after 6pm Friday – Sunday
Pharmacy Medicines delivery
Pharmacy Medicines will need to be signed for by someone aged 18 or over. If there isn't anyone in who can sign for your order, you can change your delivery date or redirect it to a local parcel shop using the courier's website or app.
Unfortunately, your order can't be left in a safe place or with a neighbour. The courier will try to deliver three times before they return it to us.
Purchasing in bulk/high unit volume
Please note that when purchasing high unit volumes of single lines (10+ units) that delivery promotions are null and void.
This is as a result of high volume orders not being able to be dispatched via our normal third party fulfilment.
As a result for any excessive bulk orders of single lines we will be in touch regarding your order to discuss further delivery costs that will be incurred.
If you're not completely satisfied with your order, you can return it to us within 28 days
Find out more about our returns policy click here