- Detects levels of follicle-stimulate hormone (FSH) in your body
- Reliable, at home test
- Results in under 10 minutes
A test that can identify whether you're going through menopause.
Menopause is a natural stage of life and usually occurs between the ages of 45 and 55. It's caused by declining oestrogen levels, and results in women no longer having periods and no longer being able to get pregnant naturally. Symptoms of menopause include hot flushes, vaginal dryness, difficulty sleeping, low mood and night sweats.
The SELFCheck menopause test is ideal for those who suspect they may be experiencing menopause and would like confirmation in the comfort of their own home. This reliable test detects levels of follicle-stimulate hormone (FSH) in your body. FSH causes your ovaries to produce oestrogen. Levels of FSH are higher in women experiencing menopause as the ovaries fight against the lessening levels of oestrogen. The SELFCheck menopause test requires a simple urine sample with results available in under 10 minutes, which can be carried out in the privacy of your own home.
Features of SELFCheck menopause test
- Provides a reliable estimate
- Contains all you need to complete 2 tests in successive weeks to confirm a positive result
- A visible result within 10 minutes
- Easy to follow instructions included
- A simple strip test
- 2x Test strips in sealed foil packs
- 1 x Instructions manual
- Women over 40
Warnings and cautions
- Do not use if test kit appears tampered with
- If you are concerned about the symptoms you are experiencing, we recommend that you seek medical advice from your GP or one of our Pharmacists
- If you have completed a self-test and are concerned about your results or your symptoms are still present, we suggest that you talk to your GP or one of our Pharmacists for more advice
How to use
- The test requires a fresh urine sample - for best results, test should be carried out first thing in the morning.
How to read your results.
If 2 purple lines appear and either the bottom line is substantially darker than the top line or both lines are the same shade then your result is positive!
• Repeat the test exactly a week later and if you have the same result as the previous week you have reached post menopause.
If 2 purple lines appear and the bottom line is substantially lighter than the top line or you only have 1 line appear then your result is negative!.
You do not need to repeat the test as you have not reached post-menopause.
If no purple lines appear the test is invalid, and you should refer to the instructions for details. What are the next steps I should take if my results are positive?
Speak to your doctor who will be able to confirm which stage of menopause you are at. The doctor will also be able to advise you on how best to manage the symptoms.
Delivery and returns
Click & Collect
- Free on all orders
- Delivered in 1 working day if ordered before 6pm Monday - 6pm Thursday
- Delivered the following working Tuesday if ordered after 6pm Thursday - 6pm Monday
*Please note: If your chosen pharmacy is in the North West, North East, Yorkshire, the Isle of Man, Channel Islands or Scottish Highlands and Islands your order will take an additional working day to these delivery times. To find out if your pharmacy is impacted click here.
- Free on orders over £25
- £2.95 for orders up to £25
- Delivered in 3-5 working days
Next day delivery
- Free on orders over £60
- £5.99 for orders up to £60
- Delivered Next Day if ordered before 6pm Monday to Friday
- Delivered Tuesday if ordered after 6pm Friday – Sunday
Pharmacy Medicines delivery
Pharmacy Medicines will need to be signed for by someone aged 18 or over. If there isn't anyone in who can sign for your order, you can change your delivery date or redirect it to a local parcel shop using the courier's website or app.
Unfortunately, your order can't be left in a safe place or with a neighbour. The courier will try to deliver three times before they return it to us.
Purchasing in bulk/high unit volume
Please note that when purchasing high unit volumes of single lines (10+ units) that delivery promotions are null and void.
This is as a result of high volume orders not being able to be dispatched via our normal third party fulfilment.
As a result for any excessive bulk orders of single lines we will be in touch regarding your order to discuss further delivery costs that will be incurred.
If you're not completely satisfied with your order, you can return it to us within 28 days
Find out more about our returns policy click here