- Detects the present of antibodies for bacteria related to stomach ulcers
- Results in under 10 minutes
- Can be carried out in the comfort of your own home
A reliable, at-home test for signs of stomach ulcers.
Stomach ulcers are open sores that can develop on the lining of the stomach. These ulcers are painful and occur when the thick layer of mucus that protects your stomach from digestive juices is stripped away. This is common in people who use nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAID's) such as ibuprofen long term, or with people who are infected by the bacterium helicobacter.
This simple, at-home test only requires a drop of blood and is capable of detecting helicobacter in the body. It is the most common cause of stomach ulcers and it's estimated that half of the world's population is infected with this bacterium. Take charge of your health today with the SELFCheck stomach ulcer test.
Features of SELFCheck stomach ulcer test
- A simple test with easy to follow instructions
- No requirement to limit food or fluid intake prior to testing
- Home testing - no need to send off for results
- Only a drop of blood required, with visible results within 10 minutes
- The test can be carried out at any time of day
- Detailed instruction leaflet contains useful details about stomach infection.
- 1x Test cassette
- 1 x Safety lancet
- 1 x Buffer solution
- 1 x Plaster and instructions for use
- Men and women of any age
Warnings and cautions
- Consult your doctor for a further diagnosis and examination and appropriate treatment if you have a positive result
- Medical decisions should only be made following consultation with a doctor
- Even if you are not infected with Helicobacter pylori this does not necessarily mean that you can't get a stomach ulcer for another reason
- You should speak to your local pharmacist about treatments which may benefit you if you have a negative result but experience digestive problems
- If you are concerned about the symptoms you are experiencing, we recommend that you seek medical advice from your GP or one of our Pharmacists. If you have completed a self-test and are concerned about your results or your symptoms are still present, we suggest that you talk to your GP or one of our Pharmacists for more advice
How to use
- Test requires a small amount of blood.
How to read the resulktS:
If 2 lines appear in the test window (no matter how light) you have a positive result.
If 1 line appears in the test window you have a negative result.
If no lines appear in the test window then the test is invalid and you should refer to the instruction manual for details.
What are the next steps I should take if the results are positive for Helicobacter pylori?
- Consult your doctor for a further diagnosis & examination and appropriate treatment.
- Medical decisions should only be made following consultation with a doctor.
- Even if you are not infected with Helicobacter pylori this does not necessarily mean that you can't get a stomach ulcer for another reason.
If I still have digestive problems yet my results were negative what can I do?
You should speak to your local pharmacist about treatments which may benefit you.
Delivery and returns
Click & Collect
Free on orders over £15
£1.50 for orders up to £15
Delivered in one working day if ordered before 3pm Monday - 3pm Thursday
Delivered the following working Tuesday if ordered after 3pm Thursday - 3pm Monday
*Please note: If your chosen pharmacy is in the North West, North East, Yorkshire, the Isle of Man, Channel Islands or Scottish Highlands and Islands your order will take an additional working day to these delivery times. To find out if your pharmacy is impacted click here.
Free on orders over £25
£2.95 for orders up to £25
Delivered in 2-3 working days
Next day delivery
Delivered next working day if ordered before 3pm Monday - 3pm Thursday
Delivered on Saturday if ordered after 3pm Thursday - 3pm Friday
Delivered Tuesday if ordered after 3pm Friday - Sunday
Purchasing in bulk/high unit volume
Please note that when purchasing high unit volumes of single lines (10+ units) that delivery promotions are null and void.
This is as a result of high volume orders not being able to be dispatched via our normal third party fulfilment.
As a result for any excessive bulk orders of single lines we will be in touch regarding your order to discuss further delivery costs that will be incurred.
If you're not completely satisfied with your order, you can return it to us within 14 days
Find out more about our returns policy click here