- Easy to digest
- Enriched with Omega 3 & 6 LCPs
- Nutritionally Complete
SMA® Comfort Infant Milk is suitable from birth if your baby is not being breastfed or you choose to combination feed with breast milk.
Breastfeeding provides the best start for your baby. If you decide to combination feed or bottle-feed, SMA comfort milk from birth is an easy to digest, nutritionally complete infant milk with Omega 3 & 6 LCPs.
Our expert team at SMA® Nutrition is dedicated to understanding the unique nutritional needs of babies with different feeding issues and to applying these learnings to our own products. We have been leading research in baby nutrition for over 100 years and have produced SMA® Comfort easy to digest infant milk, a nutritionally complete breast milk substitute.
Features of SMA comfort milk from birth 800g
- Unique nutritional needs of babies
- Complete infant milk with Omega 3 & 6 LCPs
- easy to digest
Typical values Energy 280 kj 67 kcal Fat 3.6 g of which, saturates 1.6 g of which, unsaturates 2 g Carbohydrate 7.1 g of which, sugars 4.5 g Protein 1.6 g Salt* (=Sodium x 2.5) 0.04 g
- Birth - 12 months
Warnings and cautions
- Do not add extra powder or water to make the feeds stronger or weaker and do not press powder into scoop. Using too much or too little powder can make your baby ill
- Do not warm feeds in a microwave – hot spots may occur and cause scalding
- Do not alter or add to formulae unless medically directed
- For hygienic reasons, discard unfinished feed in the bottle as soon as possible
How to use
Approx. age of baby Approx. weight of baby Preparation for single feeds Cooled, freshly boiled water Feeds in 24 hrs kg Level scoops ml Birth – 2 weeks 3.4 3 90 6 2 – 4 weeks 3.7 4 120 6 4 – 8 weeks 4.2 4 120 6 2 months 5.3 5 150 5 3 months 6.1 6 180 5 4 months 6.7 6 180 5 6 months 7.6 8 240 4 7 – 12 months - 7 210 3
- Pull the safety seal and open the lid. Lift the tab, pull on the foil seal, carefully and safely remove the seal and dispose of it. The scoop is provided under the foil seal.
- Wash hands well. Wash and sterilise all utensils according to manufacturers’ instructions.
- Boil 1 litre of fresh tap water. Allow boiled water to cool for no more than 30 minutes. Measure the required amount of water (see feeding guide) into a sterilised bottle, carefully – the water is hot. Do not use artificially softened or repeatedly boiled water.
- Using only the scoop provided, add the correct number of scoops of powder (see feeding guide) levelling of each scoop with the back of a clean dry knife. Replace lid on can.
- Place the sterilised teat and cap on the bottle and shake well until powder is fully dissolved. Cool bottle under cold running water or in a bowl or jug of cold water until lukewarm, do not immerse the teat. Test temperature by shaking a few drops on to the inside of your wrist.
Lactose (milk), vegetable oils including structured vegetable oil (palm, soya, sunflower and coconut in varying proportions), partially hydrolysed whey protein (milk), corn syrup solids, maltodextrin, potassium phosphate, calcium citrate, calcium hydroxide, emulsifier (soya lecithin), calcium chloride, magnesium chloride, long chain polyunsaturated fatty acids (AA, DHA), potassium chloride, L-tyrosine, vitamin C, sodium citrate, choline chloride, L-histidine, potassium bicarbonate, magnesium phosphate, sodium chloride, taurine, inositol, ferrous sulphate, nucleotides (cytidine-, disodium uridine-, adenosine-, disodium inosine-, disodium guanosine-5’- monophosphate), zinc sulphate, L-carnitine, antioxidants (tocopherol-rich extract, ascorbyl palmitate), vitamin E, niacin, pantothenic acid, vitamin A, copper sulphate, thiamin, riboflavin, vitamin B6, vitamin D, potassium iodide, folic acid, manganese sulphate, vitamin K, sodium selenite, biotin, vitamin B12.
Delivery and returns
Click & Collect
Free on orders over £15
£1.50 for orders up to £15
Delivered in one working day if ordered before 3pm Monday - 3pm Thursday
Delivered the following working Tuesday if ordered after 3pm Thursday - 3pm Monday
*Please note: If your chosen pharmacy is in the North West, North East, Yorkshire, the Isle of Man, Channel Islands or Scottish Highlands and Islands your order will take an additional working day to these delivery times. To find out if your pharmacy is impacted click here.
Free on orders over £25
£2.95 for orders up to £25
Delivered in 5-7 working days
The majority of items are still arriving within 7-10 working days, there may be some delays with Royal Mail and DPD due to pressure on the postal network at the moment.
Next day delivery
Delivered next working day if ordered before 3pm Monday - 3pm Thursday
Delivered on Saturday if ordered after 3pm Thursday - 3pm Friday
Delivered Tuesday if ordered after 3pm Friday - Sunday
Purchasing in bulk/high unit volume
Please note that when purchasing high unit volumes of single lines (10+ units) that delivery promotions are null and void.
This is as a result of high volume orders not being able to be dispatched via our normal third party fulfilment.
As a result for any excessive bulk orders of single lines we will be in touch regarding your order to discuss further delivery costs that will be incurred.
If you're not completely satisfied with your order, you can return it to us within 28 days
Find out more about our returns policy click here