- UK government approved and CE marked lateral flow test
- Results in 15 minutes
- 99% Accurate
99% accurate at home lateral flow test.
Step Ahead COVID-19 lateral flow test is a simple and easy to use at home lateral flow test that has been designed to let you know if you are positive with the COVID-19 virus. Designed to be a fast resulting lateral flow test, Step Ahead COVID-19 lateral flow gives you accurate results in just 15 minutes.
The Step Ahead lateral flow has been UK government approved and CE marked lateral flow test and has 99.8% specificity and 96.4% sensitivity and 99% Accuracy.
Please be aware that these are for home use only and there is no option to register them via gov.uk / NHS.
For more information about our lateral flow tests and FAQs, please visit our lateral flow test page.
Features of Step Ahead COVID-19 lateral flow test
- Nasal only lateral flow test
- Results in 15 minutes
- 99.8% specificity and 96.4% sensitivity
- At home testing
- 1 test
- 5 tests
What's included per test
- 1x Antigen extraction tube with reagent
- 1x sterilized swab
- 1x test device
- 1x collection bag
- 1x instructions
- Adults aged 18 and over: self-test (unless unable to do so)
- Teenagers aged 12 to 17: self-test with adult supervision
- Children 11 and under: An adult must take the sample following the instructions in the information for use leaflet provided with your test
Warnings and cautions
- Avoid eating or drinking for at least 30 minutes before doing the test to reduce the risk of spoiling the test
- Please do not read the results on your test cassette after 30 minutes as it may lead to false positive results
- Store your test kit at room temperature between 2-30C
- Do not store it in a fridge and keep out of direct sunlight
- Do not use the test after the expiration date
- All used tests should be discarded in a closed bag and in accordance with local regulations
- If the extraction buffer accidentally contacts your skin or eyes, wash it with large amounts of water and contact your doctor if necessary
- Keep out of the sight and reach of children
How to use
- Roll the swab firmly around the inside of your nostril, making 5 complete circles.
- Using the the same swab repeat this process for the other nostril to ensure an adequate amount of specimen is collected.
- Place the swab into the extraction tube, rotate the swab for about 10 seconds and then press the swab head against the tube wall 3 times to release the antigen in the sab.
- Hold the extraction tube vertically and add two drops of the test specimens into the specimen well.
- Start your timer.
- Read results at 15 minutes.
- Do not read results after 30 minutes.
Delivery and returns
Click & Collect
- Free on all orders over £20
- £1.50 on orders up to £20
- Delivered in 3-5 working days if ordered before 6pm Monday - 6pm Thursday
- Delivered the following working Thursday if ordered after 6pm Thursday - 6pm Monday
*Please note: If your chosen pharmacy is in the North West, North East, Yorkshire, the Isle of Man, Channel Islands or Scottish Highlands and Islands your order will take an additional working day to these delivery times. To find out if your pharmacy is impacted click here.
- Free on orders over £30
- £2.99 for orders up to £30
- Delivered in 3-5 working days
- Free on orders over £60
- £4.99 on orders up to £60
- Delivered Next Day if ordered before 6pm Monday to Friday
- Delivered Tuesday if ordered after 6pm Friday to Sunday
Pharmacy Medicines delivery
Pharmacy Medicines will need to be signed for by someone aged 18 or over. If there isn't anyone in who can sign for your order, you can change your delivery date or redirect it to a local parcel shop using the courier's website or app.
Unfortunately, your order can't be left in a safe place or with a neighbour. The courier will try to deliver three times before they return it to us.
Purchasing in bulk/high unit volume
Please note that when purchasing high unit volumes of single lines (10+ units) that delivery promotions are null and void.
This is as a result of high volume orders not being able to be dispatched via our normal third party fulfilment.
As a result for any excessive bulk orders of single lines we will be in touch regarding your order to discuss further delivery costs that will be incurred.
If you're not completely satisfied with your order, you can return it to us within 28 days
Find out more about our returns policy click here