- Inactivates the virus that causes COVID-19 by 99.9%*
- Provides a moisturising protective barrier
- Can be used up to 4 times per day
- Easy-to-use and can be stored at room temperature
VIRALEZE™ blocks a broad spectrum of respiratory viruses.
VIRALEZE™ is an antiviral nasal spray that contains the active ingredient, astodrimer sodium, also known as SPL7013. It's been shown in laboratory studies to inactivate respiratory viruses, including >99.9% of coronavirus SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19*.
Astodrimer sodium has also been shown to protect against other respiratory viruses, such as influenza viruses, respiratory syncytial virus (RSV), and other coronaviruses in laboratory studies.
VIRALEZE™ antiviral nasal spray targets the area where respiratory viruses that cause colds, flu, and other respiratory illness first attach and start to multiply. Providing a moisturising and protective barrier, it's been shown in laboratory studies to inactivate viruses, adding a further physical barrier to protect against respiratory viruses. The inactivated viruses are eliminated naturally through your nasal mucus.
The nasal spray can be used anywhere at anytime for added confidence in combination with social distancing, hand washing, face masks, vaccination, and other public health measures.
This isn't a substitute for COVID-19 infection control measures, so always follow Government guidelines for COVID-19.
Features of VIRALEZE™ antiviral nasal spray 10ml
- Protective barrier inactivates the virus that causes COVID-19 by 99.9%*
- Inactivates respiratory viruses, such as SARS-CoV-2 (the coronavirus that causes COVID-19), influenza virus, respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) and other coronaviruses in laboratory studies
- Acts in the nasal cavity and does not cross into the bloodstream
- Provides a moisturising layer to help keep nasal lining hydrated
- Protects from nasal dryness and damage
- 10ml (80 sprays)
- Children aged 12 years and over
Warnings and cautions
- Not for use in children under 12 years of age
- Keep out of reach of children
- Speak to your doctor or midwife before using VIRALEZE™ if you’re pregnant, planning on becoming pregnant, breastfeeding or planning to breastfeed
- Do not use if you have a history of sensitivity to astodrimer sodium, hydroxybenzoates or any other ingredients in the formulation
- Do not use with other nasal products
- Stop use if the product causes an adverse reaction, such as nasal irritation, a nosebleed, or nasal congestion, and consult a healthcare provider
- Avoid contact with eyes
- See your healthcare provider if respiratory symptoms appear, persist or worsen
- Do not use for more than 30 consecutive days
- To avoid contamination, do not use this product for more than one person
- Do not use if the packaging or container is damaged
- This isn't a substitute for COVID-19 infection control measures, so always follow Government guidelines for COVID-19
How to use
One spray into each nostril as required, up to 4 times per day.
- Gently blow your nose to clear your nasal passages.
- Wash your hands with soap and water and dry them with a clean towel. If soap and water are not available, use hand sanitiser.
- Remove the protective cap from the nozzle.
- Hold the bottle with your index and middle fingers on each side of the bottle and your thumb on the bottom of the bottle.
- If necessary, prime the bottle by spraying VIRALEZE™ one or more times into the air or into a tissue until a fine mist is dispensed.
- Close one nostril by pressing on that side of your nose, and gently insert the nozzle into the other nostril (the tip should be pointing backwards and slightly angled away from the midline of the nose).
- Keeping the bottle upright, depress the pump to discharge the spray while gently breathing in through the nose.
- Repeat steps 6 and 7 for the other nostril.
- Wipe the nozzle with a clean tissue and replace the protective cap after use. Store out of reach of children.
Please note if you blow your nose after spraying VIRALEZE™ antiviral nasal spray you will need to respray.
Purified water, astodrimer sodium, glycerol, propylene glycol, sodium hydroxide, methyl p-hydroxybenzoate, carbomer homopolymer type B, propyl p-hydroxybenzoate, disodium edetate.
Delivery and returns
Click & Collect
Free on all orders
Delivered in one working day if ordered before 6pm Monday - 6pm Thursday
Delivered the following working Tuesday if ordered after 6pm Thursday - 6pm Monday
*Please note: If your chosen pharmacy is in the North West, North East, Yorkshire, the Isle of Man, Channel Islands or Scottish Highlands and Islands your order will take an additional working day to these delivery times. To find out if your pharmacy is impacted click here.
Free on orders over £25
£2.95 for orders up to £25
Delivered in 3-5 working days
Next day delivery
Delivered next working day if ordered before 6pm Monday - 6pm Thursday
Delivered on Saturday if ordered after 6pm Thursday - 6pm Friday
Delivered Tuesday if ordered after 6pm Friday - Sunday
Purchasing in bulk/high unit volume
Please note that when purchasing high unit volumes of single lines (10+ units) that delivery promotions are null and void.
This is as a result of high volume orders not being able to be dispatched via our normal third party fulfilment.
As a result for any excessive bulk orders of single lines we will be in touch regarding your order to discuss further delivery costs that will be incurred.
If you're not completely satisfied with your order, you can return it to us within 28 days
Find out more about our returns policy click here