- Treats fungal skin infections
- Can be used on nappy rash and athlete's foot
- Relieves irritation and itching
Provides soothing relief from the irritation caused by fungal infections.
Canesten clotrimazole 1% cream can be used to treat fungal skin infections such as ringworm, athlete's foot, fungal nappy rash and fungal sweat rash. Canesten cream can also help to relieve the irritation caused by thrush, whether this is external thrush on the vulva or the end of the penis.
Designed for use in both babies and adults, Canesten cream relives the symptoms of itching and irritation caused by fungal infections by tackling the cause of these infections. It's both sensitive enough to be used on delicate areas of skin such as your baby's bottom, and effective to help clear irritation and symptoms within a few days.
Features of Canesten clotrimazole 1% cream 20g
- For fungal infections including fungal nappy rash
- Symptoms should improve within a few days
- Fights the cause of fungal and yeast infections
- Fast and soothing relief
- Babies with fungal nappy rash
Warnings and cautions
- Please read the enclosed leaflet carefully before using this product
- For external use only
- Do not use if you or your baby are allergic to clotrimazole or any of the ingredients
- Keep out of the reach and sight of children
- After you apply the cream you may experience; itching, rash, blisters, burning, discomfort, swelling, irritation or peeling skin
- If you are pregnant, breastfeeding or trying for a baby tell your doctor or midwife before using Canesten cream
- As with other creams, Canesten cream may reduce the effectiveness of rubber contraceptives, such as condoms or diaphragms. Consequently, if you are using this cream on the vulva or penis, you should use alternative precautions for at least five days after using this product.
How to use
If your doctor has prescribed Canesten cream to you follow the instructions they have given you, if you have bought this product without a prescription follow the steps below:
- Wash your hands before and after applying the cream.
- If using on your feet, ensure these are washed and dried before the cream is applied.
- Apply the cream thinly to affected areas 2 or 3 times a day and rub in gently.
- Generally, a minimum of two weeks treatment is necessary for thrush although up to four weeks may be necessary for other conditions.
- If symptoms persist consult your doctor.
The cream contains: clotrimazole 200mg (1% w/w), benzyl alcohol, polysorbate 60, sorbitan stearate, Cetyl palmitate, cetostearyl alcohol, octyldodecanol and purified water.
Delivery and returns
Click & Collect
Free on all orders
Delivered in one working day if ordered before 6pm Monday - 6pm Thursday
Delivered the following working Tuesday if ordered after 6pm Thursday - 6pm Monday
*Please note: If your chosen pharmacy is in the North West, North East, Yorkshire, the Isle of Man, Channel Islands or Scottish Highlands and Islands your order will take an additional working day to these delivery times. To find out if your pharmacy is impacted click here.
Free on orders over £25
£2.95 for orders up to £25
Delivered in 3-5 working days
Next day delivery
Delivered next working day if ordered before 6pm Monday - 6pm Thursday
Delivered on Saturday if ordered after 6pm Thursday - 6pm Friday
Delivered Tuesday if ordered after 6pm Friday - Sunday
Purchasing in bulk/high unit volume
Please note that when purchasing high unit volumes of single lines (10+ units) that delivery promotions are null and void.
This is as a result of high volume orders not being able to be dispatched via our normal third party fulfilment.
As a result for any excessive bulk orders of single lines we will be in touch regarding your order to discuss further delivery costs that will be incurred.
If you're not completely satisfied with your order, you can return it to us within 28 days
Find out more about our returns policy click here