- Clears the cause and symptoms of thrush
- Complete treatment for vaginal thrush
- For women with previous thrush diagnosis
Canesten combi is a complete thrush treatment.
If you've had thrush before and been diagnosed by a doctor, you'll know that a vaginal thrush infection may cause any of the following symptoms: whitish, odourless vaginal discharge, persistent burning, itching, redness, swelling and soreness of the vagina and vulva. When you're experiencing thrush, a complete treatment can help to ease and relieve symptoms. This pack contains a pessary to treat the cause of vaginal thrush and a tube of soothing cream for relief of the itching.
For women who have previously been diagnosed with vaginal thrush, Canesten combi pessary and cream clears the cause and symptoms of thrush. Your symptoms should improve within three days of treatment.
Features of Canesten thrush combi pessary and external cream
- Contains the active ingredient clotrimazole
- Soothes and clears vaginal thrush
- Relieves itching and other external symptoms
- Treats the internal cause of thrush
- Pessary and cream combination treatment
- Women who had a previous thrush diagnosis
- Ages 16-60
- 1 x pessary with applicator to treat the cause of vaginal thrush
- 1 x tube of soothing double strength cream for relief of external itching and soreness
Warnings and cautions
- Do not use during your period as it may be less effective
- Do not use Canesten combi pessary and cream but consult your doctor if this is the first time you have had symptoms of vaginal thrush
- Do not use to treat nail or scalp infections
- Do not use this product if you are allergic to any of the ingredients in the pessary or cream, or other vaginal treatments for thrush
- Do not use the pessary or cream, and see your doctor as soon as possible if; you are pregnant or trying to become pregnant; you have had more than two episodes of vaginal thrush in the last six months or you or your partner has previously had a sexually transmitted disease
- Do not use if you have any of the following symptoms; irregular or abnormal vaginal bleeding or a blood-stained discharge, ulcers, blisters or sores of the vagina or vulva, lower abdominal pain, pain or difficulty in passing urine, fever or chills, feeling sick or vomiting, a foul smelling discharge from the vagina, diarrhoea, redness, irritation or swelling associated with treatment
- The cream contains cetostearyl alcohol which may cause local skin irritation (e.g. rash, itching or redness)
- As with other creams and pessaries, this product may reduce the effectiveness of rubber contraceptives, such as condoms or diaphragms. Consequently, you should use alternative precautions for at least five days after using this product
- Do not store above 25°C
- Keep out of the reach and sight of children.
How to use
- Thinly and evenly applied to the area around the entrance of the vagina, 2 or 3 times a day and smoothed in gently.
- The symptoms of thrush should disappear within three days of treatment. If no improvement is seen after seven days, you must tell your doctor.
- Wash your hands before removing the foil from the blister pack and again afterwards when you have used the applicator.
- Remove the applicator from the packaging.
- Pull out the plunger until it stops.
- Remove the pessary from the foil blister pack and place firmly into the applicator. To fit the pessary into the applicator, the holder of the applicator needs to be squeezed lightly at both sides. The pessary fits tightly into the applicator and needs to be squeezed into the holder to about 1cm.
- Carefully put the applicator as deep as is comfortable into the vagina (this is easiest when lying on your back with your knees bent up). Holding the applicator in place, slowly press the plunger until it stops so that the pessary is deposited into the vagina.
- Remove the applicator. Dispose of the applicator in a safe place, out of the reach of children. The applicator cannot be flushed down the toilet.
- Since the pessary dissolves in the vagina, it may be helpful to wear a panty liner because it is quite common to notice a white chalky residue after using the pessary. This does not mean that the treatment has not worked. However, if you notice pieces of undissolved pessary, speak to your doctor or a pharmacist, as the treatment may not have worked properly.
The pessary contains; Clotrimazole 500mg, Lactose Monohydrate, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Lactic Acid, Maize Starch, Crospovidone, Calcium Lactate Pentahydrate, Magnesium Stearate, Silicon Dioxide and Hypromellose.
The 10g tube of cream contains; Clotrimazole 200mg (2% w/w), Sorbitan Stearate, Polysorbate 60, Cetyl Palmitate, Cetostearyl Alcohol, Octyldodecanol, Benzyl Alcohol and Purified Water.
Delivery and returns
Free on orders over £30
£3.95 for orders up to £30
Delivered within 10 working days
Next day delivery
Delivered next working day if ordered before 3pm Monday - 3pm Thursday
Delivered on Saturday if ordered after 3pm Thursday - 3pm Friday
Delivered Tuesday if ordered after 3pm Friday - Sunday
Click & Collect
Currently unavailable, we apologise for any inconvenience caused.
Free on orders over £15
£1.50 for orders up to £15
Delivered the next working day if ordered before 3pm Monday - 3pm Thursday
Delivered the following working Tuesday if ordered after 3pm Thursday - 3pm Monday
*Orders to the Isle of Man, Channel Islands, Scottish Highlands and Islands will take an additional working day to these delivery times
Purchasing in bulk/high unit volume
Please note that when purchasing high unit volumes of single lines (10+ units) that delivery promotions are null and void.
This is as a result of high volume orders not being able to be dispatched via our normal third party fulfilment.
As a result for any excessive bulk orders of single lines we will be in touch regarding your order to discuss further delivery costs that will be incurred.
If you're not completely satisfied with your order, you can return it to us within 14 days
Find out more about our returns policy click here