- Treats the cause of thrush
- Relieves thrush symptoms
- For women with a previous thrush diagnosis
Canesten thrush combi treats the cause and symptoms of thrush.
A dual action treatment, Canesten thrush combi soft gel pessary & external cream is ideal for women who have already been diagnosed as having thrush. Thrush, a vaginal yeast infection, can cause the following symptoms:
• Odourless whitish discharge
• Persistent burning
• Itching and discomfort
• Soreness of the vagina and vulva
If you have been diagnosed with thrush before you can use the external cream to soothe the soreness, itching and discomfort caused by the thrush infection, as well as the pessary to treat the internal cause of thrush. The active ingredient clotrimazole is an anti fungal agent that fights the cause of vaginal thrush helping relieve your symptoms in three days.
Features of Canesten thrush combi soft gel pessary & external cream
- Easy to insert soft gel pessary for your comfort
- Effectively clears the thrush infection
- Soothes external thrush symptoms including itchiness and soreness
- Double strength cream
- Complete treatment for vaginal thrush
- Symptoms should disappear in three days of treatment
- 1 x soft gel pessary with applicator to treat the cause of vaginal thrush
- 1 x 10g tube of double strength cream for the treatment and soothing relief of external thrush symptoms
- Women with a previous diagnosis of thrush
- Ages 16-60
Warnings and cautions
- Only use this product if you have been previously diagnosed with thrush by your doctor
- If you are pregnant or trying for a baby, tell your doctor or midwife before using Canesten Thrush Combi
- Medicines can affect the unborn baby
- This cream may reduce the effectiveness of rubber contraceptives, such as condoms or diaphragms. That is why it is better that you use alternative precautions for at least five days after using Canesten Thrush Combi
- Do not use tampons, intravaginal douches, spermicides or other vaginal products while using Canesten Thrush Combi
- Avoid vaginal intercourse while you have thrush and during treatment with Canesten Thrush Combi because your partner may become infected
- Do not use this product during your period as it may be less effective
- Keep out of the reach and sight of children
- For use in and around the vagina only
- Do not use to treat nail or scalp infections
- Do not use the soft gel pessary or cream, and see your doctor as soon as possible if; this is the first time you have had symptoms of thrush, you are pregnant or trying to become pregnant, you have had more than two episodes of vaginal thrush in the last 6 months or you or your partner has previously had a sexually transmitted disease
Do not use if you have any of the following symptoms:
- Irregular or abnormal vaginal bleeding or a blood-stained discharge
- Ulcers, blisters or sores of the vagina or vulva
- A foul smelling discharge from the vagina
- Redness, irritation or swelling associated with treatment
- Lower abdominal pain
- Pain or difficulty in passing urine
- Fever or chills
- Feeling sick or vomiting
How to use
Thrush external cream:
- Wash your hands before and after using the cream.
- Apply the cream thinly to the affected area 2 to 3 times a day.
Soft gel pessary:
- Wash your hands before and after using the soft gel pessary.
- Insert the soft gel pessary into the vagina preferably at night using the applicator provided.
The pessary is best used at night before you go to sleep for a convenient and comfortable treatment, as the pessary dissolves in the vagina you may want to wear a panty-liner.
If you see no improvement after seven days see your doctor.
Soft gel pessary:
Active ingredient: Clotrimazole 500mg.
Also contains: White Soft Paraffin, Liquid Paraffin, Gelatin, Glycerol, Water, Titanium Dioxide (E171), Quinoline Yellow (E104), Sunset Yellow (E110), Lecithin, Medium-Chain Triglycerides.
Thrush external cream:
Active ingredient: Clotrimazole 200mg (2% w/w).
Also contains: Benzyl Alcohol, Polysorbate 60, Sorbitan Stearate, Cetyl Palmitate, Cetostearyl Alcohol, Octyldodecanol and Purified Water.
Delivery and returns
Click & Collect
Free on orders over £15
£1.50 for orders up to £15
Delivered in one working day if ordered before 3pm Monday - 3pm Thursday
Delivered the following working Tuesday if ordered after 3pm Thursday - 3pm Monday
*Please note: If your chosen pharmacy is in the North West, North East, Yorkshire, the Isle of Man, Channel Islands or Scottish Highlands and Islands your order will take an additional working day to these delivery times. To find out if your pharmacy is impacted click here.
Free on orders over £25
£2.95 for orders up to £25
Delivered in 2-3 working days
Next day delivery
Delivered next working day if ordered before 3pm Monday - 3pm Thursday
Delivered on Saturday if ordered after 3pm Thursday - 3pm Friday
Delivered Tuesday if ordered after 3pm Friday - Sunday
Purchasing in bulk/high unit volume
Please note that when purchasing high unit volumes of single lines (10+ units) that delivery promotions are null and void.
This is as a result of high volume orders not being able to be dispatched via our normal third party fulfilment.
As a result for any excessive bulk orders of single lines we will be in touch regarding your order to discuss further delivery costs that will be incurred.
If you're not completely satisfied with your order, you can return it to us within 14 days
Find out more about our returns policy click here