- Combines TENS technology with soothing heat
- Targets joint and muscle pain with triple action TENS
- Drug-free at home pain relief
Triple action TENS technology combined with soothing heat for at home pain relief.
OMRON HeatTens is a certified medical device for home-use which provides safe and drug-free pain relief. The HeatTens reduces and relieves pain, stiffness and numbness in the muscles and joints of the back, arms, legs, feet and shoulders.
The OMRON HeatTens is a powerful combination of two complementary therapies: TENS (transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation) technology and soothing heat. The heat relaxes the muscles and soothes pain whilst the TENS stimulates your body's natural pain-relieving mechanisms using electrical pulses which help to block pain messages, triggering the release of endorphins.
With the HeatTens you have the option of six pre-set automatic programmes (each for a dedicated body zone) or the option to customise your treatment in three simple steps: therapy choice, heat intensity and massage mode (tap, knead or rub). You are also able to alter the intensity settings during the treatment.
Features OMRON HeatTens pain reliever
- Dual therapy for muscle and joint pain
- Three massaging modes
- Triple action TENS
- Drug-free pain relief
- Lightweight and portable design
- Safe to use at home
- Rechargeable battery
- OMRON HeatTens main unit
- 2 x pairs of gels
- Cord with pads
- Pad holder
- Mains (AC) adapter
- User manual
- Treatment zones: back, shoulders, joints, legs, arms, soles (feet)
- Massage modes: tap, knead and rub
- Intensity levels: 20
- Display: yes
- Mode: Heat mode
- Weight: 836.0g
- Height: 21.00cm
- Length: 18.00cm
- Depth: 8.00cm
- Warranty: 3 years
- Drug free treatment
- OMRON HeatTens is suitable for adults who are able to communicate effectively
- It is NOT suitable for children under 15 years of age, pregnant women including those who think they may be pregnant and those unable to operate the unit themselves
Warnings and cautions
- Not suitable for use during pregnancy or labour, or if you suspect you may be pregnant
- Not suitable for people with pacemakers or other implanted medical devices or for people with heart rhythm problems
- Not suitable without supervision for children under 16 years of age
- Keep out of reach of children
- Cancer patients, people with diabetes or epilepsy should seek medical advice before using this product
- If you have a pacemaker, implanted defibrillator or other implanted metallic or electronic devices
- Together with a TENS device
- Together with a life-supporting medical electronic device; an artificial heart or lung respirator
- Head, mouth or face
- Neck or throat
- On or near the heart
- The genital area
- Both sides of the thorax
- Soles of the feet
- Consult your doctor before use if you have had a medical procedure, suspected or diagnosed heart disease or epilepsy
- Do not use in the bath or shower
- Do not use whilst driving, operating machinery, exercising or sleeping
- Do not use on open wounds, rashes, skin eruptions (thrombosis) or areas of skin that lack normal sensation
- Do not move the pads or remove the pads during treatment
- Do not treat one region for extended period of time - more than one 30 minute session
How to useStarting the treatment:
- Ensure the device is OFF.
- Put the jack into the bottom left side of the HeatTens unit.
- Remove the gels from the sealed plastic bag - each gel has a film on each side. One film is blank (without text) the other side has text (SKIN).
- Remove the blank plastic film.
- Onto the black side of the pads place the gels - ensure the gel is placed evenly and securely with no bubbles, bending or missing pieces.
- On top the gel should read "SKIN". Remove the "SKIN" side's plastic film.
- Place the pads onto the skin* where you require treatment ensuring the pads stick to the skin.
- Turn the device ON and select your treatment type - do not turn the unit on until the pads are on the skin.
*Make sure the treatment area is dry and free of all lotions, oils, sweat and ointments.