- Lasts up to 24 hours
- One-a-day tablet
- Complete heartburn relief in 7 days
One-a-day tablet that provides effective relief from heartburn and indigestion.
Pyrocalm omeprazole contains the active ingredient omeprazole which belongs to a group or medicines called "proton pump inhibitors". These medicines, including omeprazole work by reducing the amount of acid that your stomach produces. This daily tablet is available over the counter, omeprazole provides short term treatment for reflux symptoms such as heartburn and acid regurgitation in adults.
Omeprazole is used for reflux, which is a backflow of acid from the stomach into the food pipe which can become inflamed and painful. The main causes of reflux are; coffee, alcohol, chocolate, fatty and spicy foods, being overweight, smoking, pregnancy, stress and anxiety, some medicines such as anti-inflammatory painkillers (e.g. ibuprofen) and hiatus hernia (where part of the stomach moves up into the chest).
Most patients achieve complete relief of heartburn within 7 days of taking omeprazole pyrocalm tablets.
Features of Pyrocalm omeprazole 20mg tablets
- Provides short term relief from reflux symptoms
- Easy to swallow tablets
- Reduces the amount of acid that your stomach produces
- Contains 20mg of omeprazole per tablet
- Effects last for up to 24 hours
- Works to treat heartburn and indigestion
- 14x 20mg tablets
Warnings and cautions
Do not take Pyrocalm omeprazole 20mg tablets if:
- You are allergic to omeprazole or any of the other ingredients in this medicine
- If you are allergic to medicines containing other proton pump inhibitors (e.g. pantoprazole, lansoprazole, rabeprazole, esomeprazole).
- If you are taking a medicine containing nelfinavir (used for HIV infection)
- Seek advice if you have a lactose intolerance before using this medication
Common omeprazole side effects include;
- Headaches, upset stomach (including diarrhoea, stomach pain, constipation etc.), nausea and/or vomiting, and benign polyps in the stomach
How to use
Please ensure this medication is used in line with the manufacturers directions. If symptoms persist seek help from an appropriate healthcare professional.
- Take one tablet a day with a glass of water.
Active substance: Omeprazole 20mg.
Other ingredients: Lactose Monohydrate, Sodium Starch Glycolate, Sodium Stearyl Fumarate, Sodium Stearate, Hypromellose Acetate Succinate, Brownish Pink Colour (which contains Propylene Glycol, Titanium Dioxide (E171), Red Iron Oxide (E172), Hypromellose and Yellow Iron Oxide (E172)), Talc, Triethyl Citrate, Monoethanolamine, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate and traces of Carnauba Wax.
Delivery and returns
Click & Collect
Free on orders over £15
£1.50 for orders up to £15
Delivered in one working day if ordered before 3pm Monday - 3pm Thursday
Delivered the following working Tuesday if ordered after 3pm Thursday - 3pm Monday
*Please note: If your chosen pharmacy is in the North West, North East, Yorkshire, the Isle of Man, Channel Islands or Scottish Highlands and Islands your order will take an additional working day to these delivery times. To find out if your pharmacy is impacted click here.
Free on orders over £25
£2.95 for orders up to £25
Delivered in 2-3 working days
Next day delivery
Delivered next working day if ordered before 3pm Monday - 3pm Thursday
Delivered on Saturday if ordered after 3pm Thursday - 3pm Friday
Delivered Tuesday if ordered after 3pm Friday - Sunday
Purchasing in bulk/high unit volume
Please note that when purchasing high unit volumes of single lines (10+ units) that delivery promotions are null and void.
This is as a result of high volume orders not being able to be dispatched via our normal third party fulfilment.
As a result for any excessive bulk orders of single lines we will be in touch regarding your order to discuss further delivery costs that will be incurred.
If you're not completely satisfied with your order, you can return it to us within 14 days
Find out more about our returns policy click here