- Looses mucus
- Soothes the chest
Effective relief from chesty and mucus cough.
Robitussin Chesty Cough Medicine is intended to provide relief from a chesty cough but it can also be used to treat a mucus cough. Robitussin contains the active ingredient guaifenesin, which is known as an expectorant; a type of drug that helps to loosen mucus from the chest, throat and nose, reducing the cough and making breathing easier.
A chesty and mucus cough is caused most commonly by an infection, such as a cold or the flu. The resulting inflammation from the infection lead to an increase in mucus production. This increase in mucus production is also combined with swollen blood vessels in the nose, causing a blocked nose. The mucus in the chest and throat also causes a blockage, which is why a cough begins as it is the body’s natural response in order to try and remove the mucus.
Features of Robitussin chesty cough medicine
- Loosens chesty coughs
- Soothes the chest area
- Sugar free
- Relieves symptoms of a chesty cough
- Children over 12 years
- Chesty coughs
Warnings and cautions
- Talk to your pharmacist or doctor before taking this medicine if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, or are taking any other medicine
- If symptoms persist, consult your doctor
- Not suitable for children under 12 years
- Do not use if cap seal is broken when purchased
- Please read enclosed leaflet before use
- Do not exceed stated dose
- Keep out of the sight and reach of children
How to use
Adults, the elderly and children over 12 years
- One 10ml measure up to four times daily.
Each 5ml dose contains: Guaifenesin Ph Eur 100mg
Also contains: Maltitol, Sorbitol, Glycerol, Sodium Cyclamate, Acesulfame Potassium, Sodium Benzoate E211, Caramel E150
Ethanol (96%) BP 2.5 v/v
Delivery and returns
Click & Collect
- Free on all orders over £20
- £1.50 on orders up to £20
- Delivered in 3-5 working days if ordered before 6pm Monday - 6pm Thursday
- Delivered the following working Thursday if ordered after 6pm Thursday - 6pm Monday
*Please note: If your chosen pharmacy is in the North West, North East, Yorkshire, the Isle of Man, Channel Islands or Scottish Highlands and Islands your order will take an additional working day to these delivery times. To find out if your pharmacy is impacted click here.
- Free on orders over £30
- £2.99 for orders up to £30
- Delivered in 3-5 working days
- Free on orders over £60
- £4.99 on orders up to £60
- Delivered Next Day if ordered before 6pm Monday to Friday
- Delivered Tuesday if ordered after 6pm Friday to Sunday
Pharmacy Medicines delivery
Pharmacy Medicines will need to be signed for by someone aged 18 or over. If there isn't anyone in who can sign for your order, you can change your delivery date or redirect it to a local parcel shop using the courier's website or app.
Unfortunately, your order can't be left in a safe place or with a neighbour. The courier will try to deliver three times before they return it to us.
Purchasing in bulk/high unit volume
Please note that when purchasing high unit volumes of single lines (10+ units) that delivery promotions are null and void.
This is as a result of high volume orders not being able to be dispatched via our normal third party fulfilment.
As a result for any excessive bulk orders of single lines we will be in touch regarding your order to discuss further delivery costs that will be incurred.
If you're not completely satisfied with your order, you can return it to us within 28 days
Find out more about our returns policy click here