What is Flexiseq® gel?
Flexiseq® gel is a gel which is applied topically to the affected joint and works by delivering key lubricating ingredients directly into joints that have become damaged due to osteoarthritis. By improving lubrication within the joints, Flexiseq® gel relieves pain caused by Osteoarthritis and reduces joint stiffness.
The benefits of Flexiseq® gel for osteoarthritis treatment:
- Flexiseq gel can help ease the pain and stiffness in your joints
- It's suitable for all osteoarthritis patients
- Flexiseq is a safe drug-free pain relief gel that avoids the heart and stomach risks common to most pain medications
- Can be used safely with medicines for osteoarthritis and/or other medical conditions
How does Flexiseq gel work?
Fleixiseq contains billions of Sequessomes™, these are incredibly hydrating, flexible and tiny oil droplets that target joint pain and stiffness. When Flexiseq gel is applied to the skin, the Sequessomes™, penetrate the skin and travel to the joint. Once inside your joint, they become suspensed in the natural synovial fluide in your joint to create a lubricating barrier over any damaged cartilage. Flexiseq’s unique drug-free action targets joint pain, stiffness and improve joint mobility, watch the video below to discover how Flexiseq could help you:
How to apply Flexiseq® gel
- Apply Flexiseq® gel twice daily to the affected joint. It is recommended that you apply Flexiseq®; in the morning and at night to skin that is clean and dry
- Use enough gel to evenly cover the whole joint. For example, when treating the knee, we recommend using a gel length of around 7cm (roughly half the length of the Flexiseq® 50g tube)
- It is important to allow Flexiseq® to dry before covering. Failure to do so may impair the absorption of the product. The gel should dry after no more than 15 minutes. If drying time takes longer, just use a little less next time.
Flexiseq® gel frequently asked questions
Can I apply Flexiseq® directly to my joints?
It should not be applied directly over the bone, but to the soft tissue around it to allow it to penetrate through to the synovial fluid between the bones. It should also be allowed to dry, which may take about 10 minutes. The active component of the Flexiseq® gel will only begin to penetrate through the tissues once it has dried on the surface.
How quickly does Flexiseq® take to work?
The pain relief appears to improve with repeated application. Whilst the manufacturers claim easing of symptoms can be experienced in as little as 2 days, realistically this would take 2 weeks but then still continues to improve gradually over 12 weeks. The onset of pain relief has been seen to be comparable to other pain relief products such as oral celecoxib.
Who should not use Flexiseq?
Anybody with skin lesions or any dermatological conditions in the treatment area should not use Flexiseq® as its safety and efficacy has not been tested in such individuals. It should also not be used where they have already been prescribed another topical treatment, such as an NSAID gel.
Is Flexiseq® available on prescription?
No. Flexiseq® is classed as a medical device and is not included in the relevant section of the Drug Tariff. Therefore, cannot be prescribed on NHS prescriptions.
What is Flexiseq® active?
Flexiseq® active allows you to rediscover your active lifestyle. A light formulation of original Flexiseq, Flexiseq active provides joint pain sufferers with a cost-effective introduction to treating pain and stiffness with unique joint lubrication therapy. Flexiseq active is specially developed for joint pain sufferers, those who are suffering from wear and tear and anyone looking for maintenance therapy for their joints in order to stay active.
What are the benefits of Flexiseq active as a joint pain treatment?
There are many benefits of Flexiseq® active, a unique joint pain treatment devised to fight pain by lubricating the joint rather than blocking pain signals. As a unique pain-relieving gel, Flexiseq active delivers biolubricating constituents directly into the joints allowing you to remain active without experiencing pain.
The formulation of Flexiseq® active can be used for the daily needs of joint pain sufferers and offers a wide variety of benefits:
- Relieves pain and improves mobility
- Clinically proven and safe
- Drug free formulation, therefore, avoids drug-based side effects
- Can be used alongside any other medication, such as painkillers
- Suitable for long term treatment of all joints
- Can be used interchangeably with original, max strength Flexiseq, depending on your needs
How do I apply Flexiseq active?
Flexiseq® active is a simple to use, do it yourself joint pain relief that you can be applied in the comfort of your own home.
- For a knee, shoulder or hip use a line of gel as long as your index finger. For an ankle, wrist or the fingers on one hand use a line of gel as long as half of your index finger
- Evenly spread the gel over the soft tissue around the joint
- Do not rub Flexiseq active in
- Allow the area to dry before covering
In addition, you must allow the gel to dry for at least 10 minutes, or until the skin is touch dry before covering the area. If the gel is taking longer than 10 minutes to dry, you have probably applied too much. The excess can be wiped off and you should try using a little less next time.
I’ve been diagnosed with osteoarthritis, can I use Flexiseq?
If you have been diagnosed with osteoarthritis Flexiseq® Original may be the right treatment for you. Flexiseq original is a drug free gel which fights pain caused by arthritis and osteoarthritis by lubricating the joint rather than blocking pain signals. This max strength product offers osteoarthritis suffers the very best in joint lubrication for joints that need more intensive treatment.