alli capsules are weight loss aids that are clinically proven to boost weight loss when used alongside an active lifestyle and well-balanced diet – ideally reduced calorie and lower fat meals.
Clinically proven to boost your weight loss
alli can help you achieve 50% more weight loss than you would get through a lifestyle change alone. So, for every 2lb you lose through your own efforts of healthy eating and exercise, alli can help you lose 1lb more.
alli weight loss capsules
alli frequently asked questions
How does alli weight loss work?
alli capsules are often wrongly referred to as alli diet pills or alli weight loss pills. They are not slimming tablets in that they have the effect of a crash diet. alli is an aid to help you reach a healthier weight steadily and gradually when incorporated into a balanced lifestyle.
alli works with your digestive system in a unique way - the active ingredient, orlistat, attaches itself to some of the body’s natural enzymes that break down fat. The fat is prevented from being digested and absorbed; meaning any extra calories you have eaten will not be stored and added to your weight. alli blocks about 25% of the fat you eat from being absorbed, and the unabsorbed fat passes naturally out of your body in your stools.
How many tablets do I take a day?
- Take 1 capsule, 3 times a day at mealtimes - before, during or up to 1 hour after each meal
- Swallow the capsule whole with water
- alli works on the fat in your meals, so if you miss a meal or the meal doesn’t contain any fat, don’t take a capsule
- You should also take a multivitamin every day at bedtime to ensure adequate absorption of vitamins A, D, E and K. As well as lowering the level of fat absorption, alli can also lower the absorption of these other vitamins
- Do not take more than 3 capsules a day
Do not take alli for more than 6 months – they are not alli weight loss tablets for crash dieting, they are only a temporary weight loss aid to help you on your way.
Who can take alli?
alli is an effective diet aid but it’s not for everyone. It is for overweight adults who are willing to adopt a reduced calorie, lower-fat diet, making the necessary adjustments to their lifestyle. You must be aged 18 or over with a BMI (body mass index) of 28 or above.
How do I work out my BMI?
Finding out your BMI (body mass index) is incredibly easy all you need is your height and weight. Use the table below to find out your BMI is healthy or unhealthy.
If you are overweight, it is very important to take the steps needed to lead a healthy lifestyle. Otherwise, you greatly increase your risk of developing serious health conditions, such as; type 2 diabetes, coronary heart disease, strokes and some cancers.
Who shouldn't take alli?
There are some people who must not take alli including:
- Pregnant or breastfeeding women
- If you are taking ciclosporin
- If you are taking Warfarin or other medicines used to thin your blood
- If you have cholestasis
- If you have problems absorbing food
- If you are allergic to orlistat or any of the ingredients of this medicine
Are there any side effects?
Like all medicines, alli can cause side effects, although they are not experienced by everybody.
Most of the common side effects related to alli include:
- Wind with or without oily spotting
- Sudden or more frequent bowel motions
- Soft stools
- These are all symptoms of the way alli works and are known as diet-related treatment effects. They are often caused by what you eat, so eat lower-fat meals to help manage these effects.
Is alli safe to take?
alli’s active ingredient orlistat is clinically tested and has been widely studied in over 100 clinical trials. It has a well-established safety and efficacy profile. It works only on the digestive system and is not a stimulant or an appetite-suppressant.
alli is a weight loss aid that has a medicinal license, which means it has been rigorously tested in clinical trials.
Where can I buy alli?
After answering a few simple and confidential questions you can buy alli from your neighbourhood LloydsPharmacy or online. Before you can use this weight loss aid, one of our expert Pharmacists will make sure that the medication is suitable for you. We offer secure and discreet home delivery options as well as convenient store Click & Collect.