- Relieves pain and inflammation
- For joint pain and muscular sprains
- Soothing and cooling formula
Voltarol emulgel P relives pain, reduces inflammation and swelling.
Designed for rheumatic, joint and muscular sprains, strains and bruises, Voltarol pain relief gel penetrates the skin to bring direct relief to the affected area. With a soothing, cooling formula, Voltarol contains the active substance diclofenac which belongs to the group of medicines known as NSAIDs, with anti-inflammatory properties.
Voltarol is ideal to use for painful conditions affecting the joints and muscles such as; sprains, strains, backache, sports injuries, tennis elbow, tendonitis, mild arthritis, joint pain, swelling and stiffness. Non-greasy and non-staining, Voltarol gel targets pain at the source, as well as stopping some of the body's pain-causing chemicals to be released.
Features of Voltarol emulgel P joint pain relief 1.16% gel 100g
- Easy-to-open cap
- Helps restore your mobility
- Brings direct pain relief
- Available without a prescription
- Treats tennis elbow, backache, joint pain and stiffness
- Non-greasy and non-staining
- Children over 12 years of age
Warnings and cautions
- Before use, read the enclosed leaflet carefully
- Do not use if you are allergic to, or ever had an asthma attack, wheezing, urticaria (hives), or a runny nose after taking aspirin or other NSAID pain/anti-inflammatory medicine, or if you are sensitive to diclofenac or any other ingredient of the gel
- Do not use if you are pregnant or breast-feeding
- Do not use if you are taking diclofenac or other NSAID tablets
- Consult your doctor or pharmacist before using if you have asthma, have ever had a stomach or duodenal ulcer, or are taking any prescribed medicines
- Do not apply to cuts, wounds, sunburned skin or other area where the skin is abnormal, or near the eyes or nasal area
- This medicine is not recommended for use in children under 12 years of age
- Do not cover with a bandage or plaster
- Do not use Voltarol emulgel P for more than 14 days, unless longer treatment is recommended by a doctor
- The gel can be applied to a maximum of two joints (such as your knees and elbows). If you need to apply the gel to more than 2 joints, consult your doctor
- If symptoms persist for longer than 7 days, consult your doctor
- Do not use more than 100 g of Voltarol emulgel P in one week
- Pierce tube seal with spiked top of cap
- Do not use if seal is broken
- Keep all medicines out of the reach and sight of children
- Protect from heat (store below 30°C)
How to use
1. Use an amount the size of a one penny or two penny piece and rub gently into the skin over the affected area.
2. Apply 3-4 times daily.
3. Wash hands after use (unless they are the site being treated).
Active Ingredient: Diclofenac Diethylammonium 1.16% w/w.
Also contains: Diethylamine, Carbomer, Macrogol Cetostearyl Ether, Cocoyl Caprylocaprate, Isopropyl Alcohol, Liquid Paraffin, Perfume, Propylene Glycol, Purified Water.
Delivery and returns
Click & Collect
- Free on all orders over £20
- £1.50 for orders up to £20
- Delivered in 2 working days if ordered before 6pm Monday - 6pm Thursday
- Delivered the following working Tuesday if ordered after 6pm Thursday - 6pm Monday
*Please note: If your chosen pharmacy is in the North West, North East, Yorkshire, the Isle of Man, Channel Islands or Scottish Highlands and Islands your order will take an additional working day to these delivery times. To find out if your pharmacy is impacted click here.
- Free on orders over £30
- £3.99 for orders up to £30
- Delivered in 5-8 working days
- Free on orders over £60
- £5.99 for orders up to £60
- Delivered Next Day if ordered before 6pm Monday to Friday
- Delivered Tuesday if ordered after 6pm Friday to Sunday
Pharmacy Medicines delivery
Pharmacy Medicines will need to be signed for by someone aged 18 or over. If there isn't anyone in who can sign for your order, you can change your delivery date or redirect it to a local parcel shop using the courier's website or app.
Unfortunately, your order can't be left in a safe place or with a neighbour. The courier will try to deliver three times before they return it to us.
Purchasing in bulk/high unit volume
Please note that when purchasing high unit volumes of single lines (10+ units) that delivery promotions are null and void.
This is as a result of high volume orders not being able to be dispatched via our normal third party fulfilment.
As a result for any excessive bulk orders of single lines we will be in touch regarding your order to discuss further delivery costs that will be incurred.
If you're not completely satisfied with your order, you can return it to us within 28 days
Find out more about our returns policy click here