Sugar-free ginger biscuits recipe
This delicious sugar-free ginger biscuit recipe is not only super easy, it also happens to be vegan and contain pure oats, which are a low GI source of energy.
Although this ginger cookie recipe is sugar free and dairy free, it still has the chewy, oaty and spicy components of your classic ginger nut biscuit. The sugar free recipe uses stevia to sweeten and ground ginger to flavour, as well as a mix of oats and low fat dairy free butter for that inviting chewy and crumbly texture.
- 175g low fat dairy free spread
- 125g Stevia sweetener powder (sugar replacement)
- 75g plain flour (gluten free flour can be substituted here for a gluten free ginger biscuit)
- 200g pure oats
- 2 tbsp. ground ginger
- A splash of milk, or vegan alternative
Preparation time: 10 mins
Baking time: 25 mins
Preheat the over to 180 degrees C and line a baking sheet with non-stick paper.
- Cream together the spread and the Stevia.
- Add in the flour, oats and ginger.
- Add a splash of milk to bring the mixture to a sticky but robust consistency that would be easy to spoon out.
- Spoon out the mixture evenly onto the baking sheet, leaving an inch between each cookie.
- Bake for 25 minutes until cooked and golden, checking after half way through that the biscuits are evenly baking. You may need to turn the baking sheet half way though.