- Relieves nasal congestion
- Contains xylometazoline hydrochloride and ipratropium bromide
- Easy to use
Get relief from the symptoms of nasal congestion and a runny nose due to colds.
Xylometazoline hydrochloride and Ipratropium bromide are the active ingredients in Otrivine extra dual relief 0.5 mg/ml + 0.6 mg/ml nasal spray, solution to relieve symptoms of nasal congestion and runny nose due to colds. With Xylometazoline hydrochloride, nasal passages will be opened up and cleared by reducing nasal secretions and swollen blood vessels to their normal size. Ipratropium bromide will reduce nasal mucus secretion.
Features of Otrivine extra dual relief nasal spray
- Also helps with runny nose, sinus pressure and sneezing simultaneously
- Has a decongestant effect
- Reduces nasal mucus secretion
- Gets to work in just 5-15 minutes and lasts for 6-8 hours
- Adults over 18 years
Warnings and cautions
- Do not use continuously for more than seven consecutive days
- If symptoms persist consult your doctor
- Warning: Do not exceed the stated dose
- Keep out of the sight and reach of children
- Each Otrivine pack should be used by one person only to prevent any cross infection
- Do not freeze or use after the expiry date given
- Not for use in children under the age of 18 years
- Always read the label/leaflet
- Ask your pharmacist or doctor for advice if you think the effect of this medicine is too strong or too weak.
How to use
- Always blow your nose before using the nasal spray.
- Remove the dust cap.
- Before the first application, prime the pump by pumping 4 times. Once primed the pump will remain ready for use through regular daily treatment periods. Should the spray not be ejected during use or if the product has not been used for longer than 6 days, the pump will need to be reprimed with 4 pumps as initially performed.
- Hold the bottle upright.
- Bend your head slightly forward.
- Close your nostril by placing your finger against the side of nose and insert the spray tip into the other nostril. Press the pump quickly while inhaling through the nose.
- Repeat the procedure in the other nostril.
- One puff in each nostril, as required up to 3 times a day for 7 days, leaving at least 6 hours between 2 doses. Do not exceed 3 applications a day into each nostril.
Active Ingredient: 1 ml contains xylometazoline hydrochloride 0.5 mg, ipratropium bromide 0.6 mg. 1 puff contains 70 micrograms xylometazoline hydrochloride and 84 micrograms ipratropium bromide.
Also contains: Disodium edetate, glycerol (85%), purified water as well as hydrochloric acid and sodium hydroxide (to adjust pH).
As we are always looking to improve our products, our formulations change from time to time, so please always check the product packaging before use.
Delivery and returns
Click & Collect
- Free on all orders over £20
- £1.50 on orders up to £20
- Delivered in 3-5 working days if ordered before 6pm Monday - 6pm Thursday
- Delivered the following working Thursday if ordered after 6pm Thursday - 6pm Monday
*Please note: If your chosen pharmacy is in the North West, North East, Yorkshire, the Isle of Man, Channel Islands or Scottish Highlands and Islands your order will take an additional working day to these delivery times. To find out if your pharmacy is impacted click here.
- Free on orders over £30
- £2.99 for orders up to £30
- Delivered in 3-5 working days
- Free on orders over £60
- £4.99 on orders up to £60
- Delivered Next Day if ordered before 6pm Monday to Friday
- Delivered Tuesday if ordered after 6pm Friday to Sunday
Pharmacy Medicines delivery
Pharmacy Medicines will need to be signed for by someone aged 18 or over. If there isn't anyone in who can sign for your order, you can change your delivery date or redirect it to a local parcel shop using the courier's website or app.
Unfortunately, your order can't be left in a safe place or with a neighbour. The courier will try to deliver three times before they return it to us.
Purchasing in bulk/high unit volume
Please note that when purchasing high unit volumes of single lines (10+ units) that delivery promotions are null and void.
This is as a result of high volume orders not being able to be dispatched via our normal third party fulfilment.
As a result for any excessive bulk orders of single lines we will be in touch regarding your order to discuss further delivery costs that will be incurred.
If you're not completely satisfied with your order, you can return it to us within 28 days
Find out more about our returns policy click here