- Kills threadworms in one dose
- For the whole family
- Banana flavoured
A one-dose treatment for threadworms.
Threadworms are small, white thread-like worms that live in your gut and can be seen in your stool (poo). Whilst they are harmless, they can be extremely uncomfortable as they cause itchiness and irritation around the anus, especially at night-time.
Ovex suspension contains mebendazole which stops threadworms from being able to absorb the sugars they need to survive. This simple one-dose treatment depletes the worms of their energy source, eventually killing them. Ovex suspension comes in a delicious banana flavoured liquid, making it easier for the whole family to use.
A single dose of this medicine will kill threadworms. However, it may not destroy their eggs, which can cause re-infection and also infect other people. It is therefore strongly recommended that all members of the family (except pregnant and breast-feeding women and children under two) are treated at the same time and that precautions are taken to prevent re-infection.
Features of Ovex suspension banana flavoured family pack 30ml
• Family sized pack
• Oral liquid treatment
• Suitable for those who have difficulty swallowing tablets
• Stops threadworms absorbing the sugars they need to survive
• Easy to use treatment
• 6 x 5ml treatments of 100mg mebendazole
• Adults and children under supervision
Warnings and cautions
• Keep all medicines out of the reach and sight of children
• Read information leaflet carefully before use
• If symptoms continue, tell your doctor
How to use
1. Shake well before use.
2. Pour 5ml dose into measuring cup provided and drink fully (only one dose per person).
Active ingredient: Mebendazole 100 mg per 5 ml.
Other ingredients: Sucrose, Microcrystalline Cellulose and Sodium Carboxymethyl Cellulose, Methylcellulose, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Sodium Lauryl Sulphate, Banana Flavour, Citric Acid Monohydrate, Purified Water.
Delivery and returns
Click & Collect
- Free on all orders
- Delivered in 1 working day if ordered before 6pm Monday - 6pm Thursday
- Delivered the following working Tuesday if ordered after 6pm Thursday - 6pm Monday
*Please note: If your chosen pharmacy is in the North West, North East, Yorkshire, the Isle of Man, Channel Islands or Scottish Highlands and Islands your order will take an additional working day to these delivery times. To find out if your pharmacy is impacted click here.
- Free on orders over £25
- £2.95 for orders up to £25
- Delivered in 3-5 working days
Next day delivery
- Free on orders over £60
- £5.99 for orders up to £60
- Delivered Next Day if ordered before 6pm Monday to Friday
- Delivered Tuesday if ordered after 6pm Friday – Sunday
Pharmacy Medicines delivery
Pharmacy Medicines will need to be signed for by someone aged 18 or over. If there isn't anyone in who can sign for your order, you can change your delivery date or redirect it to a local parcel shop using the courier's website or app.
Unfortunately, your order can't be left in a safe place or with a neighbour. The courier will try to deliver three times before they return it to us.
Purchasing in bulk/high unit volume
Please note that when purchasing high unit volumes of single lines (10+ units) that delivery promotions are null and void.
This is as a result of high volume orders not being able to be dispatched via our normal third party fulfilment.
As a result for any excessive bulk orders of single lines we will be in touch regarding your order to discuss further delivery costs that will be incurred.
If you're not completely satisfied with your order, you can return it to us within 28 days
Find out more about our returns policy click here