- Hydrates your eyes
- Contains active ingredients
- Creates artificial tears
Substitute of tear fluid for management of dry eye conditions including keratoconjunctivitis sicca, and for unstable tear film.
Viscotears liquid eye gel provides relief from dry eyes by keeping them hydrated. It works particularly well on irritated, burning, or itchy eyes. Carbomer is the active ingredient in this liquid eye gel. As a result, clear, lubricating, and moisturizing tears form on the surface of the eye.
In addition to dry eye disorders, it addresses keratoconjunctivitis sicca by sticking to the surface of the eye and not washing away as fast as other lubricating eye drops.
Features of Viscotears liquid gel eye drops 10g
- Effectively treats conjunctivitis
- Relieves sore, burning, and irritated eyes
- Produces a lubricating film on the eyes
- Adults, elderly, children and adolescents
- For ocular use
Warnings and cautions
- Viscotears Liquid Gel contains a sterile gel until the original closure is broken
- If you wear contact lenses, you must remove them first. Apply contact lenses after 15 minutes after using these eye drops
- The tip of the container should not come into contact with any surface including the eye, as this may cause injury to the eye and contaminate the gel
- Discard four weeks after first opening
- Contraindicated in patients with known hypersensitivity to carbomer (polyacrylic acid) or to any of the excipients
- Keep out of the sight and reach of children
How to use
Adults: 1 drop 3 - 4 times daily or as required, depending upon the severity of the disease.
Carbomer (polyacrylic acid) 0.2mg/g.
Cetrimide (as a preservative), sorbitol, sodium hydroxide and water.
Delivery and returns
Click & Collect
- Free on all orders over £20
- £1.50 on orders up to £20
- Delivered in 3-5 working days if ordered before 6pm Monday - 6pm Thursday
- Delivered the following working Thursday if ordered after 6pm Thursday - 6pm Monday
*Please note: If your chosen pharmacy is in the North West, North East, Yorkshire, the Isle of Man, Channel Islands or Scottish Highlands and Islands your order will take an additional working day to these delivery times. To find out if your pharmacy is impacted click here.
- Free on orders over £30
- £2.99 for orders up to £30
- Delivered in 3-5 working days
- Free on orders over £60
- £4.99 on orders up to £60
- Delivered Next Day if ordered before 8pm Monday to Friday
- Delivered Monday if ordered after 8pm Friday - 12pm Sunday
- Delivered Tuesday if ordered after 12pm on Sunday
- Not available in the Channel Islands
Pharmacy Medicines delivery
Pharmacy Medicines will need to be signed for by someone aged 18 or over. If there isn't anyone in who can sign for your order, you can change your delivery date or redirect it to a local parcel shop using the courier's website or app.
Unfortunately, your order can't be left in a safe place or with a neighbour. The courier will try to deliver three times before they return it to us.
Purchasing in bulk/high unit volume
Please note that when purchasing high unit volumes of single lines (10+ units) that delivery promotions are null and void.
This is as a result of high volume orders not being able to be dispatched via our normal third party fulfilment.
As a result for any excessive bulk orders of single lines we will be in touch regarding your order to discuss further delivery costs that will be incurred.
If you're not completely satisfied with your order, you can return it to us within 28 days
Find out more about our returns policy click here