Simple high-protein pancake recipe
Pancake Day or breakfast for that matter, is just one of those days where your healthy eating plan can go out of the window. Though it is tempting to gorge yourself, remember it can be difficult to get back into your weight-loss routine.
But, it doesn’t have to be a day of unhealthy eating. We’ve got the perfect recipe from Protein World that will give you a tasty low-calorie, high-protein pancake. Plus, we have thrown in some healthy topping ideas for you to enjoy.
Ingredients for 1 delicious protein pancake
- 1 banana
- 2 eggs
- 2 scoops of Slender Blend protein – use any flavour you fancy! Click here to get your Slender Blend protein powder
- 1tsp coconut oil
How to cook
- Grease a non-stick pan by using a healthier alternative to vegetable oils and butter, such as coconut oil, which is full of natural saturated fats. Place the pan on a medium heat.
- While the pan is heating, put the Slender Blend powder, banana and eggs into a blender and whizz up the ingredients until you have a mixture that is smooth and creamy.
- Pour your mixture into the frying pan; tip the pan around to ensure the mixture evenly coats the bottom of the pan. Cook the pancake for 3 minutes – use a spatula to lift the edges and check to see that the pancake is turning a golden brown colour.
- When the 3 minutes are up, flip the pancake and cook the other side for the same amount of time, following the same technique (or at least until the pancake is cooked through).
Remember when searching for a topping think less syrup, sugar and chocolate spread and more fruit and nuts.
Here are some tasty topping ideas you can use as inspiration:
- Cooked apples and cinnamon
- Coconut Merchant organic coconut sugar
- Manuka health manuka honey
- Banana, vanilla and pecans
- Peaches with drizzled honey
- Strawberries with healthy, fat-free yogurt
- Sliced kiwi, passion fruit and sunflower seeds
- Mixed berry coulis – just mix up some berries in your blender and heat over the stove
- Roasted rhubarb
Of course, you can mix and match any of the above along with your favourite chopped nuts! If you’re still missing the chocolate, try lightly grating dark chocolate over the topping.
Nutritional info per pancake (with no toppings)
- Calories: 312
- Protein: 28g
- Carbohydrates: 29g
- Sugar: 16g
- Fibre: 3g
- Fat: 13g
Visit Protein World for more information on products and delicious recipes!